Pumpkins

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by matewsq2, May 14, 2010.

1. does any of you guys grow pumpkins to sell? if so what kind of price do you put on them?

2. I grow pumpkins to stuff with tannerite and blow to bits. I know it seemed like the last time I checked some were selling them for a few $ a pound

3. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    Depends on size and quality, from $.50-$12.

4. we've got some that are softball size up giants. me an the guy im ride to work with are gonna plaint a few acres to make some mad money. an whats the best time to plaint them i saw a page on the net that said mid June to be ready for October?

5. i used to grow pumpkins to sell when i was a kid my dad planted them for us to try and make a little money of our own we sold them for 7 or 8 bucks a piece but you could get more than that out of the bigger ones nowadays i would say you could easily get 10 dollars

6. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    I'd say it depends on where you're selling them at. If you sold them in L'ville or Lxgton, you could probably get twice the price than you could elsewhere. Its crazy here. I swear, some people put $100 worth of pumpkins in their yard for decorations, only to throw them away 2 weeks later.

7. i bet but thats a little bit of a drive for us to make ,but it mite be worth it.

8. unstableos

unstableos Fawn

Oct 27, 2008
    I'm planting about six different kinds. I've got some seed for the Atlantic Giants, with care these can get up to 1000lbs or more. I've also got the little pumpkins, Jack O laterns, White Ones, some other big ones and cushaws. My kids are gonna try to make earn some money with them.

9. smashdn

smashdn 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2003
    Palmyra, Kentucky
    Done pumpkins for the last two years. I have a terrible weed problem in the field I plant them in so they have thus far not produced well. I plant the Jack o'Lantern variety and the Luminas and some big kind just have the big ones.

I haven't got enough to bother with selling them yet but I was gonna go 5 for big Jack O' Lantern sixed ones down to three. And 7 for the white and 10-15 for the big ones depending on size. so far i have just given them to people and donated a bunch for the kids at church to decorate.