1. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    We grew a few pumpkins in the garden this year. The plan was to cut them into jack o lanterns, but we never got around to it, so rather than let the pumpkins rot on the porch, I decided to cook them up and get the puree out of them. Well now I have a lot of pumpkin puree to use (over a gallon). I've already made pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread and I'm making more piess tomorrow. But that still leaves me with a lot (5 or 6 recipe's worth). What are some other uses?

2. HUNTINGMAN

HUNTINGMAN 12 pointer

Nov 7, 2008
    Harrodsburg KY
  3. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    I did that already with some. But the ones I had left have already been cooked into puree.

4. Chessie202

Chessie202 6 pointer

Nov 15, 2004
    Harrison Co.
    We put a couple heaping tablespoons on our dogs food everyday. They love it and its really good for there digestive tract. Other than that Pies and pumpkin bread my wife makes a pumpkin bread with dried cranberries and nuts its to die for.

5. WilmanWilson, take note the next time old UPS doesn't come through.

6. smashdn

smashdn 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2003
    Palmyra, Kentucky
    My mom makes a pumpkin roll desert. It is some kind of pumpkin bread or cake that is about 1/4" thick. You spread cream cheese icing and fresh chopped walnuts or pecans on the icing and then roll it up lengthwise. You then chill it over night and slice it and serve.

It turns out like a long pumpkin swiss cake roll without chocolate covering but is good.