Public Nuissance

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gforcetrivers, Aug 28, 2019.

1. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    I remember when every doctor and dentist handed them out like candy. It was water swatting by big pharma whom knew exactly what they were doing. Get enough product on the market now, and reap the rewards a generation from now. There's no cure for opiate addiction regardless of what you hear, once addicted, always addicted. It has come out they knew that.

Dark Cloud likes this.
  2. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    Goes something like this. Teenager tells friend I took one of my mom's leftover pills, she said they made her feel so good, and she was right! Can you get me one? I'd like to try! Boom!

Dark Cloud likes this.
  3. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    The DARE program and our knowledge of opiates predate this epidemic. There was nothing new here.

RLWEBB and mallardkiller like this.
  4. Gforcetrivers

Gforcetrivers 10 pointer

Sep 23, 2016
    Burkesville
    Opium has been around for thousands of years

mallardkiller likes this.
  5. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    Drug Abuse Resistance Education (D.A.R.E.) is an education program that seeks to prevent use of controlled drugs, membership in gangs, and violent behavior.

Obviously, like other feel good programs DARE never worked. Kinda like the mandatory sex Ed class I had back in HS given by a coach who had absolutely NO training on the subject. He talked about getting girls so hot they would climb on a stick shift. He really educated the class for sure.
    Drug Abuse Resistance Education (D.A.R.E.) is an education program that seeks to prevent use of controlled drugs, membership in gangs, and violent behavior.

6. Gforcetrivers

Gforcetrivers 10 pointer

Sep 23, 2016
    Burkesville
    Its not available to EVERYONE. Only people that are prescribed it by DOCTORS!

7. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I went through the dare program in the 80’s and remember that it extended far beyond controlled substances.

8. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    Yes it has. All it needed was a global distributor, and a synthetic clone many times stronger.

9. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    I don't remember it, but the generation that is most affected now are from the 90's.

10. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    Basically, I can get all I want if I have money. And could have, say..
    Since the early 90's?

11. mallardkiller

mallardkiller 8 pointer

Dec 27, 2008
    KY
    If you got Money you can get anything any time anywhere...Only thing money cant buy is salvation...Pills are no different than anything else....If used as prescribed and be a law abiding citizen then you have no worrys....but if you abuse it then in the end it will abuse you.....if you CHOOSE to be a winner then you will be rewarded with ease of you pain...if you CHOOSE to be a looser then thats what you are A LOOSER...Not everyone gets a trophy like they do in school nowadays...

12. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    And there are doctors setting in jail for pushing so many.

barney likes this.
  13. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    I have come to learn over the last few years, and not by choice, that addiction is about more than being the looser it always leads to.

I've actually employed addicts trying to recover. I've listened to their stories, and watched them battle the devil. Truth is, addiction is a disease plain and simple.

cedar creek likes this.
  14. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    This mental disease has 1 potential cure. The truth is addicts are selfish, cowardly, manipulative, suicidal depressed people that are too chicken shit to kill themselves. They choose a slow death spiral that takes down anyone and every one in their way including their loved ones. The only way to help them is to push them out and cut them off completely. You gotta push the issue and make them choose life or death or they (and everyone around them) will rot away and die a slow death. If they choose to live right, welcome them back with open arms and be supportive of their efforts, but stay on high alert and be ready to cut them off when they relapse. If they choose death, the sooner the better. Bury them and move on. There is NO other way to deal with them. Period. Any other approach is enabling and likely will contribute to their death. This country is full or enablers and they are just as guilty as the doctors and the drug companies, but the responsibility lies with the addict.
    Years back I was called “cold hearted” in a meeting with other families of addicts when my ex was in rehab. Might be true but all of their addicts are dead now. 100% of them. My child still has her mother. Who was actually cold hearted?
    Left my church over this issue. Cant take advice from a preacher that enables his addict grandson and wont do what needs to be done.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019