Public Nuissance

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gforcetrivers, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Gforcetrivers

Gforcetrivers 10 pointer

Sep 23, 2016
    Burkesville
    Well they are now successfully suing manufacturers for making a legal product and selling it.
    Where is this going to stop? Cars? Guns? I didn't post an article because I am sure everyone has seen and heard about this already.

mallardkiller likes this.
  2. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Underground Bunker in KY
    I haven't seen or heard about it???

3. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    Johnson&Johnson?

4. Gforcetrivers

Gforcetrivers 10 pointer

Sep 23, 2016
    Burkesville
    J&J as well as Perdue Pharm. Guess I need to post the article.

5. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    Come on now. The big Pharma's were pimping doctors to write absurd amounts of scripts, then the Doc's following in step, started pimping the young and old, before you knew it we had a purge going on. These cuck's don't get a pass, they knew what they were doing for the Dolla, now they are gonna pay a chunk of it back, but still made a profit while people buried family and fiends by the thousands.

hotdog, Dark Cloud, barney and 4 others like this.
  6. mallardkiller

mallardkiller 8 pointer

Dec 27, 2008
    KY
    Welcome to a growing and out of control liberal mind set and thinking...makes my butt want to chew backer and spit...give me free money...someone owes me...everyone is racist if you dont vote Democrat....Sick just Sick

RLWEBB likes this.
  7. 00noturkey

00noturkey 10 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    high grove, ky
    i seen the damage done, by those that get addicted, and those that die, within my family. if ya cant see that, then take off the blinders..
    the company had a nice poppy plantation in Australia, to manufacture the drug, they promoted it/or pushed it, to be prescribed to patients.
    its kinda like legal meth, in the damage it does..
    aint no worst, then the chinese, sending fentenal <-[cant spell] over here to kill people.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  8. Gforcetrivers

Gforcetrivers 10 pointer

Sep 23, 2016
    Burkesville
    They are government regulated, legally approved drugs and the side effects are well known. The fact some people abuse them is not the manufacturers problem. It is the manufacturers job to sell what they make and there are a lot of people that need and benefit from the drugs and do not abuse them. My point is since this is ground breaking precedent gun manufacturers will held accountable in the same manner. How about auto maker?

RLWEBB and EdLongshanks like this.
  9. baknblack

baknblack 10 pointer

Jan 30, 2014
    Mt Washington
    What we actually need is a good pain killer that actually works without getting people high.
    And, I don't think it's my imagination that the overdose problem got much worse once they started cracking down on the availability of the prescription drugs.
    I think designer drugs are here to stay. And people with zero self control are going to continue to kill themselves. It sucks because everyone reading this has more than likely had family or friends caught up in it.
    As far as blaming the pharmaceutical companies I think it sets a horrible precedent. And now people who actually need the drugs have to practically beg to get them if they even can get them.
    There is no magic pill to fix the problem. It's just another symptom of much larger unsolvable problems. The cash settlement won't do squat.

RLWEBB and Munson like this.
  10. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    Regardless if you think the companies are responsible for it or not, forcing a business that is in the business of making money to give you money is not going to correct the behavior of the business. Not much difference than you getting a speeding ticket. I'll bet that anyone who's gotten one (or more) have not adjusted their driving habits permanently because of it.

Its just a money grab by the states. And when that dries up, they'll look for ways to get more somewhere else. Whatever happened to all of that tobacco money they got?

RLWEBB likes this.
  11. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 12 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    This is about the way I got this figured out, just my opinion.The government gives pharmaceutical companies all kinds of money, to develop and experiment with drugs, they come up with a pain killer ,the government gives the ok through the epa or something to sell it.In return they push it out there to the doctors ,best cure since penicillin, doctor pushes it big time, to the people that need it, then people find out other uses for it ,and get hooked .All the time the government pay’s for most of the distribution through Medicaid and Medicare.Now we got a problem,to many people abusing this drug, so now the government steps up and gives all kinds of money out to help all these people get off these drugs.Here we go again ,pharmaceutical company starts pushing another drug, to get people off the first drug, they furnish food ,housing and new drugs to these poor ole soles hooked on this ole bad drug. Now the government says we are going to sue the pharmaceutical companies, for all these bad drugs they came up with , even though we approved it. Wonder where all that law suite money , will probably end up, back to the government to be cycled again, minus what went in the politicians pharmaceutical ceo’s and the lawyers pocket.What a story

mallardkiller likes this.
  12. wv67

wv67 10 pointer

Dec 19, 2017
    Southern wva
    They have meds that work other than oxy oxy was made for cancer patience then was subscribed for other pain it was all planned like all other meds it was abused by attics But was made for you to come back , just like the flu shot 85% of folks that get the shot get a cold or a flu like symptom WHY so ya buy meds it’s all a game of money meds are bandaids , they ha e permanent fixes but there is no money in that they have cures for some cancers and can find more but they won’t same with aids it’s all BS and for the Love of money....... If someone gets money it should be the ones that used it properly and was ruined not addicts

Dark Cloud likes this.
  13. Gforcetrivers

Gforcetrivers 10 pointer

Sep 23, 2016
    Burkesville
    Evidently there are a bunch of Anti-capitalist liberals that will not take personal responsibility for their actions. Its always someone elses fault. They got hooked on pills because the pharmaceutical company manufactured the pills, not because they made the decision to abuse the drug. Or its the Doctors fault for prescribing the drug when the patient was in need of the medication. So now that we are this point S&W and all other gun manufacturers will be successfully sued because they made the weapon that an individual abused and used it to kill people.

EdLongshanks and Dark Cloud like this.
  14. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    No I don't agree.

The pharmaceutical DID indeed push the pills in the doctors offices, they ever said so before Congress.

That makes them no different from a pusher selling illegal drugs. Does everybody on here blame the kids for getting hooked or the pusher????? Ok so do we put the kids in jail and give the pusher a free pass????

S&W is a different ball game, it falls under the Second Amendment. BUT say S&W was to put out TV commercials showing several different gang shoot outs in Chicago showing off their guns and all the dead gang members S&W armed gangs took out then pushed their guns on gun dealers around outside Chicago. Now if THAT was to happen then hell yea S&W would be responsible. S&W made the commercial and showed the shoot outs gang against gang and pushed THEIR guns on people. S&W has done NOTHING like that.

15. mallardkiller

mallardkiller 8 pointer

Dec 27, 2008
    KY
    I went to look at cars and a salesman keep PUSHING for me to buy one....So i did...Now i cant pay for it...So who's fault is it....The pusher or the buyer....I didnt have to buy it...It was a CHOICE...Same as pain killers you have a Choice...or beer or cocaine or sex or anything its a Choice....This suing for anything has to stop.....Im sorry WILDCAT but you almost sound like a LIBERAL...my 2 cents

Nock and EdLongshanks like this.