Protege hunters

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by Bowfinger, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Bowfinger

Bowfinger 8 pointer

Nov 3, 2015
    In a Concrete Submarine
    I’ve decided it’s time to share my vast array of duck hunting nonesense and shenanigans.

Had two young men begging to go hunt youth season, it was their last year to participate in the coveted youth weekend and I had never participated myself. So I put one in a leaky pair of waders and gave the other one an auto that is essentially a single shot.

Neither complained or whimpered. Heck they even stayed in the boat with while I took my 0430 sabbatical over the starboard side. I gave them the option to get out but the elected to stay.

Since then, Dip and Chit have jumped in way over their hip boots. Just yesterday Dip showed up at the house and couldn’t wait to tell me about the newly acquired property he has permission to hunt. Blinds already in place blah blah blah. So I asked what it had to do with me. The property owner won’t let him hunt it without an adult. I leterally LOL’d, and made it very clear to him that I was like that reaccuring crotch itch he caught from that hussy at the Hopkins Co. fair, once he had me he could’nt get rid of me.

So, now I have 2 designated/motivated drivers at my disposal. First session of backing up a trailer begins Saturday. Going to hook up the 10’ lawnmower trailer and make em back it around the block a time or two. Figure after an hour of frustration I’ll hook to the boat up and show how to do it the correct way.

2. Giveem3outdoors

Giveem3outdoors 12 pointer

Jan 18, 2009
    ohio county ky
    You need to set up an obstacle course. You know one of them with the razor wire and such. Get them trained how to run when needed. Get them ready for the doomer life.

3. Bowfinger

Bowfinger 8 pointer

Nov 3, 2015
    In a Concrete Submarine
    That’s long over. Waylon said it best.

Giveem3outdoors likes this.
  4. B.M. Barrelcooker

B.M. Barrelcooker 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2006
    Aintry,Ky
    I agree with the part about the itch.

Bleach and chlorine won’t keep you away.

5. hunt-4-life21

hunt-4-life21 12 pointer

Sep 26, 2007
    Butler Co.
    I don't know whether to give you an atta boy for taking Dip and Chit or worry for their safety. I hope they have brothers/sisters. Cuz when you lose one, their parents are going to need someone else.

6. Giveem3outdoors

Giveem3outdoors 12 pointer

Jan 18, 2009
    ohio county ky
    Itll be like the scout story all over.

7. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    In some cases mentorships should be subject to some sort of peer review.

8. hunt-4-life21

hunt-4-life21 12 pointer

Sep 26, 2007
    Butler Co.
    When they said "Come home scout" on a length FB post I lost it.

Giveem3outdoors likes this.