Problems on school bus.

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by matewsq2, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Our 3 kids are in grade school.they all set in the same seat an we know how brothers an sisters are when they are that close.Well last wensday my youngest boy hit my little girl and a sophmore in highschool told him that if he touched her again that he was gonna slice him up.well wife went to school thursday after stopping me from taken care of that myself.Well she talked to the principul an she said shed talk to the head of transpertation an the high scool princeipul.An on thursday this kid told another little boy that he was gonna cut his heart out if he didnt stop looking at him an stuck a knife to his chest.well his parents went to the high school to talk to the princeipul an you know the knew nothing of the fisrt incidint with this boy then they went to the grade school and the princeipul wasnt in.it wasnt till monday that anything was done about.an my wife back to the school to see what was going to be done an she thought it was us that was there friday had no clue of it happening again.an it took a call to the supper intendent an telling them if something wasnt done the local news would be called.it could have been taken care of friday if our head of transpertion wasnt the football coach.i glad that sports are more importent than the saftey of our kids. this kid got kicked off the bus an out of school for 10 days. do yall think this was a good punishment for the kid on the schools part for threating a kindergardener an 1st grader.what do yall thinkshould have been done.an the school board wont tell us when the next board meeting is.:mad:

2. westkybanded

westkybanded 12 pointer

Feb 23, 2004
    Murray, Kentucky, USA.
    That's what the police are for. You were wasting your time with the school.

3. NonTyp

NonTyp 12 pointer

Apr 9, 2006
    Horntown
    I think he got off easy but if you could make him read your post it would be about right! :cool: Sorry dude!:D

4. raven_over_easy

raven_over_easy 12 pointer

Aug 19, 2006
    Call the ky state police and file a criminal complaint against the kid that threatened your kid. IF, the Kid had a knife at school and he brandished it toward another student he should have been expelled not suspended. Or placed into an alternative school program for violent / behavior disorder students.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  5. pentail

pentail Bacon Staff Member

Sep 25, 2002
    Savoring the smoke
    yea, but take the kids knife away before he starts to read. we don't want him to do anything harsh;)

I would watch the kid like a hawk when he came back to school. don't want him to take it out on other kids

6. NonTyp

NonTyp 12 pointer

Apr 9, 2006
    Horntown
    On a serious note Pentail is right. I would pay close attention when the kid came back to school. If he didn't learn his lesson he may want to retaliate against who he feels got him in trouble. Don't take chances with your kiddies!

7. SmokeyBear

SmokeyBear 8 pointer

If the kid pulled a knife on another kid then a criminal complaint NEEDS TO BE FILED. Forget talking to the school, go to the police. If this kid brought a weapon to school, not to mention actually pulled it out and used it to threaten another student, then that kid should no longer be allowed in a regular public school at all. If the little #@!*@! had done that to my son I would not stop until he was out of the school for good and in a juvenile detention center for a while. If the school system is ignoring the problem the way you say then go talk to a lawyer about taking action against the school system.

8. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    Actually, the school did what they were required to do, they eliminated a "hostile environment", by removing the bully from school for a 10 day suspension. I would also say the suspension ain't all of whats happening to that boy, I actually "feel" for his parents.;)

9. SmokeyBear

SmokeyBear 8 pointer

What gets me is the action of putting a knife to another kids chest and telling that kid that he is going to cut his heart out. A 10 day suspension for that????:confused: I'm sorry but that just wouldn't be the end of it for me if some punk pulled a weapon out on my son. That is far beyond being "bullied", that is a criminal act that needs to be prosecuted.

10. TripleGee

TripleGee 12 pointer

Sep 13, 2003
    Somerset
    Actually, that may not be the case. About 15 years ago, here in Somerset, a bully was picking/ hitting a kid smaller than him. The older brother showed up and started kicking the bully's tail. Bully's daddy showed up, bully pulls out little knife and daddy says, "kill him!" So, bully stabbed big brother in heart and he died. Daddy and bully moved out of town. don't know for sure that bully is incarcerated. Police did come so I'd say that he is in jail.

This happened in subdivision in front of folks.

Smokybear beat me to replying to the post right above his, so this may sound like I'm conradicting smoky which I'm not.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  11. TripleGee

TripleGee 12 pointer

Sep 13, 2003
    Somerset
    The post I made above was in response to this one quoted here. Someone beat me to replying.

12. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    I would say it ain't the end of it! If that knife deal truly happened, the school is required to get LE involved. If the school system doesn't.....then its time to get involved...

13. droopy

droopy 10 pointer

had a kid picking on my son on the bus a couple years ago but after his big sister gave the bully a little adjustment up side his head it stopped.most times a bully just needs someone to stand up to them to get the message.;)

14. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    Thats how its supposed to work! That method is very effective and cost efficient. The modern approach costs parents, and tax payers bundles of money.:(

15. wademup

wademup 12 pointer

Feb 5, 2004
    benton, ky, USA.
    If you know me then you know I am an expert on the subject of "problems at school".Let me assure you that if there was a threat made you should go to the police and skip the school board altogether.Taking action on them if they do nothing sounds good, but let me tell you it is much harder than you think,as a matter of fact they have more hidden immunities than you could ever imagine.Call the cops immediately.