Prince of poachers

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Mainbeam, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Mainbeam

Mainbeam 12 pointer

Jul 7, 2012
    Been watching the prince of poachers podcast on YouTube. Very interesting and kind of comical. May wanna check it out.

jblack1 likes this.
  2. bama hunter

bama hunter Fawn

Jul 23, 2008
    Rising Fawn, Ga
    He’s a good story teller, but hard to decipher what’s bs and what’s true. He’s a little crazy and full of chit I believe. Also, he poached on some of the best land in the world, so him killing those big deer is not impressive to me b

3. DBKY

DBKY 6 pointer

Jul 29, 2019
    KY
    It’s not the big deer that make the story great. Whether you agree or disagree with what he claims to have done he had a hell of an adventure if what he said is true. There’s lot of people that would love to jump that fence but they won’t and they won’t admit it in polite society. So, listening to his stories is as close as they can get.

barney likes this.
  4. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    Yeppers!

5. Bowonly86

Bowonly86 6 pointer

Apr 16, 2019
    Pendleton county
    I have spoken with charley many times and have seen many of the deer he killed. The stories are true he offers pics of the deer he and others killed. He also has a YouTube channel with a few interesting videos. In the time charley was jumping fences the fines for taking game without permission of land owner was the only law on the books and the fine was 200 dollars. His book is very interesting and is a great read. He has a part 2 of the book on the way. His friend and outlaw hunting buddy pat d lane has a book coming out called before the stories are lost. Pat Was born and raised in south Texas and his book give a lot of insight into the history of the areas ranches. And how the families who owned the ranches had committed many atrocities to take ownership of the hundreds of thousands of acres they owned.

DBKY likes this.
  6. Bowonly86

Bowonly86 6 pointer

Apr 16, 2019
    Pendleton county
    Have you read his book or seen photos of the deer that he tells about in the book.

7. bama hunter

bama hunter Fawn

Jul 23, 2008
    Rising Fawn, Ga
    Yes. I know he poached some big deer, but all the other stuff is what I’m not sure about.

8. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Barren county
    I watched some of it. Guess I’ll watch more when I got more time. Pretty interesting. I know poaching ain’t worf a damn but it’s interesting hearing him talk about it.
    So what I don’t understand is why is he not in trouble now for actually telling all now. I know it’s prolly years later but him confessing on YouTube to all he’s done looks like he could get in trouble now. Idk how all that works but it is interesting. Pretty neat story man.

9. DBKY

DBKY 6 pointer

Jul 29, 2019
    KY
    I
    I believe he got caught sometime back. If I understood correctly. I’ve not read the book just listened to some of the stories on YouTube.

10. Bowonly86

Bowonly86 6 pointer

Apr 16, 2019
    Pendleton county
    Statute of limitations in Texas is 2 years. Which is twice as long as Kentucky’s.

11. Bowonly86

Bowonly86 6 pointer

Apr 16, 2019
    Pendleton county
    He was caught in 1998 charged with a misdemeanor trespassing charge. Paid fines and lost hunting rights for 2 years at the time his punishment was severe. The fallowing year in 1999 Texas made poaching a felony.

12. slickhead slayer

slickhead slayer 12 pointer

Nov 14, 2005
    VP OF ADMIN Development
    It's pretty interesting listening to his stories. He sometimes went in for as long as 27 straight days.

The king ranch is like 825,000 acres, which is like 1,300 sq miles. That's bigger than the whole state of Rhode island. Easy to see how a man could disappear in that much land.

Ataulbe1 and Meatstick like this.
  13. woodsman92

woodsman92 10 pointer

Feb 16, 2019
    Russell Co
    Never heard of him but I’ve listened to most of part one now and I will say it’s been pretty interesting. It’s hard to understand so many world class deer he comes across, that most people won’t even see one in a lifetime. I’ll continue to listen to it 30 minutes at a time as I drive to and from work lol

14. cedar creek

cedar creek 10 pointer

Sep 7, 2014
    Hell of a good book, guy had a good time

15. slickhead slayer

slickhead slayer 12 pointer

Nov 14, 2005
    VP OF ADMIN Development
    Yeah it's pretty wild. You have to remember that you have an area bigger than the state of Rhode Island that has no hunting. Most of those deer have never seen a person before. So they get big.
    If you go to his website, he has some neat pics from his time there. One picture is him in front of his makeshift tent, with like 4 giant bucks caped out.

woodsman92 likes this.