Primos Ultra 35

Discussion in 'Game Trail Cameras & Camcorders' started by Roaster, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Roaster

Roaster Spike

Jul 28, 2013
    I was just checking a card I pulled over the weekend. I had placed the camera Feb. 20th and this was the first time I had checked it. Looks like the batteries crapped out five days after I had put the camera up. I think I was using Ray-o-vac? Is it worthwhile to use lithium batteries in the winter months?

2. columbia whitetail

columbia whitetail 10 pointer

Nov 3, 2009
    columbia
    I use the batteries from dollar general. They are the dark yellow color. I've had great luck with them. I've got 2 primos cams out now that have roughly 10000 pic between the 2 and both still have 85%

3. itstherush

itstherush 6 pointer

Sep 19, 2010
    Grayson co
    be careful with the "85%" game. ive made that mistake. camera says it still has plenty of life left, and it just plays out and doesn't take pics like it used to. My moultries do that and drift down to 35% and never drop any lower. But picture trigger decreases drastically. movement that used to trigger it at 75 ft on a full battery may not even show up on 30 ft trigger on half dead ones. The newer electronic circuit boards require so VERY little current it is just calculating a measurement of amperage on the board, and with "priority" of the life of the camera and the electronics itself, the "priority" is taken away from trigger sensitivity.... Some cams, (moultries for sure) have options for "best performance", Picture quality, yada yada... that is pulling "priority" in selective ways...that is at least on my cams and what I know about modern game cameras...

Hope that's as clear as mud...

4. EarlyBird1

EarlyBird1 8 pointer

Aug 4, 2014
    SouthCentral KY
    I think I might try Duracell or Energizer before I went all the way to Lithiums. You also have to make sure that the camera in question will even work with Lithium because some will not.

5. Tufrthnails

Tufrthnails 10 pointer

Oct 27, 2014
    Lakeland, FL
    Just a heads up. I'm getting longer out of my orange Harbor Frieght batts then the energizers and duracells. side by side in back along creek all off season I ran two primos easy cams to see what life was. Energizer: 24 days 114 pics, Duracell: 28 days 84 pics, HF 39 days 128 pics, and HF 42 days 143 pics. ENergizer ultimate lithiums 94 days still running not sure how many pics but easily over 500. These cams are on my creek catching my nightly coons:

[​IMG]