Primos truth cam 35 ultra?

Discussion in 'Game Trail Cameras & Camcorders' started by Roaster, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Roaster

Roaster Spike

Jul 28, 2013
    Anybody have any feedback on battery life for these cameras? I just got one and was planning to set it on low resolution w a one minute delay. As a side question, do I save any on battery life going with low res vs high res? or is that a non issue only effecting memory space? Thanks for any feedback.

2. littlebear

littlebear 12 pointer

Aug 21, 2007
    the woods
    Battery life not too bad. Resolution should only affect memory space. I have one of the 35 ultra now for about 2-3 yrs. Not a bad camera but not my favorite of all my cams. Very simple to change the settings. Not sure what you are putting it over (corn or scrape) but I set mine less than a minute for sure on whatever I have it over.

3. remman2

remman2 6 pointer

Oct 11, 2014
    I have two and both started out great. I have them set for 1 pic, one minute delay, 1 shot and now my battery life is week and a half maybe two weeks. Does anyone have any suggestions? Some told me it was a disk formatting problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. quickfire

quickfire Spike

Feb 23, 2013
    Tennessee
    I got one on sale about a year ago for about 80 bucks. Daytime pics aren't that great, night pics are better than my 3 Coverts. Battery life is ok. It's set on 30 second pics I think. Worth every bit of the 80 bucks but I don't think it's worth the retail price of $120.

5. kyarcher

kyarcher Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    Garrard County, Ky
    If you're setting it up along a trail I'd go for the highest resolution. Resolution doesn't have any effect on battery life, only card space.

6. quickfire

quickfire Spike

Feb 23, 2013
    Tennessee
    Here's a Primos Ultra 35 night pic set to the low resolution. The camera is set just inside the woods about 50 yards from our back door. I need to set it to the back to higher resolution.

primos night pic.jpg

7. Redfeather

Redfeather 8 pointer

Sep 9, 2006
    Rose Hill,Ky
    kyarcher nailed it..the bigger the card the faster your batteries will drain.

I've got 6 of the ultra 35's...only 4 working now..2 quit middle of Oct.

The 4 that I am running are set on 2 pics burst,high resolution & take alot of picture were there set..They have 2 gig cards in them & are on the same batteries since Halloween..

8. kyarcher

kyarcher Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    Garrard County, Ky
    Redfeather, You ever run yours in video mode? I've seen some vids from a 46 Ultra HD and they looked really good.

9. Redfeather

Redfeather 8 pointer

Sep 9, 2006
    Rose Hill,Ky
    Yes,they take real good video..

10. deerjw

deerjw 6 pointer

Feb 20, 2005
    Henderson, KY
    Hey littlebear, I'm curious as to which camera is your favorite.

11. littlebear

littlebear 12 pointer

Aug 21, 2007
    the woods
    I am running 7 different brands/ models now. Just started using 3 covert mp6 blacks this year. Very impressed with them. Just put a couple of covert mp8 blacks in field last week. Going to pull cards on them today. The bushnell trophy cams have been in service the longest. I have one of those still going I think for about 8 years.

12. deerjw

deerjw 6 pointer

Feb 20, 2005
    Henderson, KY
    Be sure to let us know what you think about the MP8s.

13. littlebear

littlebear 12 pointer

Aug 21, 2007
    the woods
    Pulled cards on both mp8 blacks today. Night pics are better quality than the mp6 blacks Daytime pics are very high quality. Seems the sensing is very good. Had one on a deer trail. It picked up a coon,tree rat, possum and a yote plus several deer going down the trail from about 25 ft away.

14. remman2

remman2 6 pointer

Oct 11, 2014
    Can someone give me a better explanation as to how the size of the card can make a difference in battery life? I'm ignorant in technical part of camera operation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Roaster

Roaster Spike

Jul 28, 2013
    Well I put the camera out fri afternoon and switched the card out midday Sunday. I had about 120 pics, daytime pics were good, the night time pics average. The thing I was most impressed with was the trigger distance...it was picking up cruising deer at about 36-38 yards. It will be 60-90 days before I check it again, curious to see how it holds up. I'll let you know. Looks like natchez has refurbished units at a good price. (may not be a good thing if they are already featuring them for refurbs)?