Primos Power Dogg

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by Snareman2, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Snareman2

Snareman2 12 pointer

Feb 25, 2007
    What can you tell me about the Primos Power Dogg? Box says 100 yards for remote, 12 sounds, and shows dozens of coyotes (piles around the hunters). Who has had one and what do you think? Thanks

2. gravescohunter

gravescohunter 6 pointer

Dec 1, 2008
    graves co ky
    I bought one when they first came out. I have not used it that much but have called in 2 females with just howls. I like it.

3. I dont have that exact brand, but after using mine I did a little reserch and foud this site. (link is below)I have built the one they recomend (EL-CHEAPO ELECTRONIC CALLER)and it works much better the calls are very clear and the volume is much more adjustable, I spent $40.00 at Radio Shack and now have an electronic call that works great. They also have alot of call to download for FREE! Im in Crestwood if you need some help bulding it, I wouldnt mind....it took me all of 10 minutes.

http://www.varmintal.com/ahunt.htm

4. Snareman2

Snareman2 12 pointer

Feb 25, 2007

Wow,
    That is alot of information, good site. Thanks Chuck, I might check into that. Also, thanks for the invite to help. I have a friend that is computer savy, he might help me too.:D

5. weedwalker

weedwalker 10 pointer

Nov 27, 2006
    London,Ky
    If you already have an MP3 player, all you need is a Cass Creek amplified speaker. They have a small one for about $24 and a larger Bighorn speaker for about $40. I have both but prefer the smaller one. It's called in coyotes from several hundred yards away so it has plenty of volume. You can download sounds into it from on-line and either play them individualy, or what I like to do is program sevearl sounds in a sequence so I can set it out there 100 yds or so and leave it. I put 5 minutes of silence as the first sound so I have time to drop it off and get set up, then several calls with 1 minute breaks between them so it'll play for a 30 minute stand.

[​IMG]