President Trump please back off the tariffs

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ojibwa62, Nov 27, 2018.

1. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    Buy American is a good start , but next to impossible to do anymore.. make a grocery shopping of a 100 or so items , now make a list of misc other things clothes household essentials etc, now go to the stores if your choice and try and buy only American. I would bet less then half maybe more if the stuff you buy will come come from another country, we just don't make or build anything anymore, even our American cars and trucks are full of parts made in other countries..Have you priced a good pair of American made jeans lately? Avg price $100 a pair, it's pathetic we are dependent on the rest of the world for almost everything..

2. ribsplitter

ribsplitter Cyber-Hunter

Jan 19, 2004
    rush, ky, USA.
    Your not telling me anything I don't already know. I do it on a daily basis. Alot of what we want or need is out there . Not everything of course . It's generally harder to find and it costs more , it is what it is . I'm guilty of buying the junk myself I'm not casting stones just making a point . Or trying to anyhow.

ojibwa62 and grouseguy like this.
  3. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    I am going say something that might be a tad unpopular... But.... Not everything made in China is junk, I have a very nice Chinese SKS. LoL

4. Gforcetrivers

Gforcetrivers 10 pointer

Sep 23, 2016
    Burkesville
    Looks like the Chinese are willing to talk trade. Both sides taking their foot off the pedal.

5. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    They have been "talking" for months. Trump gave them an extra 90 days. He better stick to his guns at the end of the 90 days or he can become another Obama and his red lines, the ones people love so much.

KYote-Krusher and drakeshooter like this.
  6. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    That’s a good thing for us. The opposite could result in a global economic collapse. No one wins in a trade war with China.

7. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    No one is trying to win, Trump is just doing his best to level the field.so far he is batting a 1000.

8. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    So you just want to throw your hands in the air and continue to let them do as they wish? Why are you so afraid of China? We can let them take over the world without a fight or we can fight for justice while we have the power to fight.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    drakeshooter and KYote-Krusher like this.
  9. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    Some people just do not realize we are in a economic COLD WAR with China and have been for YEARS.

drakeshooter and KYote-Krusher like this.
  10. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    :rolleyes: It’s not about fear Wildman. It’s about understanding the reality of international trade. Look at our gdp compared to theirs. We are winning and will continue to do so. It’s a positive sum relationship. They are not taking over the world. We have already done that.

11. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    Is call it a love/hate relationship. China is definitely working to take us over as the worlds number one power. They are wanting to replace the dollar as the worlds currency. They are expanding their military presence. We have been seeing an exodus of jobs in America in the past. Partly because we play by different rules. They don’t have the same environmental laws for example. That’s a cost to us they don’t have. You ever read about the conditions they raise shrimp or fish in then sell to us? They’ve had poison baby formula and dog food.

Until recently I think Chinas gdp was growing three times faster than ours. They’re dirty thieves and use all means necessary to do it.

Carl likes this.
  12. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

On the environmental laws you are spot on. My Sister went to China with a group of teachers from Owensboro a few years back. Said only time in 2 weeks she seen the sun was before they landed and after they took off when they were above the smog.

WildmanWilson likes this.
  13. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Some people don’t realize that trade wars are equally as catastrophic to the US as they are to China.

14. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.

Of course they ARE!!!! Just look at the tariffs China PUTS ON AMERICAN made cars, a 40% tariff. Been that way for YEARS and Trump is the ONLY one trying to do something about it to level the field.

I'm not an auto worker but I am NOT Ok with that 40% tariff China puts on American autos. Some people are fine with that.

Just think of all the autos GM could have sold over there. By the way the #1 most wanted auto in China is a Buick.

15. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Please research that^^^. How long have these 40% Chinese tariffs been in place? Why were they enacted? Hint....Chinese tariffs on imported US cars were at 15% earlier this year. Cmon now.