President Trump please back off the tariffs

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ojibwa62, Nov 27, 2018.

1. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    It is starting to hurt the economy, I know he believes that tariffs work but we are starting to lose jobs.. It is time to stop, tariffs and trade wars do not work in the long term. Anyone who watches the economy and the markets can see the economy is starting to slow..

KYDuckCommander likes this.
  2. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Agreed. Let’s not shoot ourselves in the foot. The steel and aluminum tariffs are not working.

ojibwa62 likes this.
  3. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    Has anybody seen China's economy??? They are in the tank. Look at Europe and the protests.

Pull out now and THEY WIN. We go back to LOSING to them every time. We have lost $5 TRILLION to China in trade since they joined the WTO, hell let's just back off and give them ANOTHER $5 Trillion.

Anybody ever been in a REAL porker game??? The suckers keep giving and giving little at a time and don't ever know it. The REAL players go home with the real money.

Carl, mac0492, Gforcetrivers and 4 others like this.
  4. ribsplitter

ribsplitter Cyber-Hunter

Jan 19, 2004
    rush, ky, USA.
    I say bear down harder on them . There is nothing they have that we can't do ourselves . It might hurt for a while but in the long run it's the only way to an independent country. The way it is here now as a country we can't do anything for ourselves it's an embarrassment.

littlebear, mwezell, Carl and 5 others like this.
  5. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    We are looking at a possible economic collapse that will be far worse then 2008..

EdLongshanks likes this.
  6. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    Who says????

bondhu and drakeshooter like this.
  7. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    I see this more as intentional interference with outside concerns...the Federal Reserve, globalist countries dumping the dollar/T-bills--it's an attack.

ojibwa62 likes this.
  8. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    So what happens to the US economy if we allow other countries to run over us like a road killed skunk?

We are the top hog at the trough but we have allowed the little piglets to push us around and take more and more of the food. That’s fine if you don’t care if the piglets get fat all the while we become skin and bones.

Carl, carnivore and drakeshooter like this.
  9. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    Several experts who know way more then me and you.. the current economic climate looks great and unstoppable.. but many companies that left under obama are not coming back and many that are here are starting to slow production some even considering shuttering the window. I like a lot of what Trump has done but tariffs are stupid don't work never have, some say look a the Chinese economy it's slowing down their ecomony has always been on the verge bof collapse , instead of tariffs we should just stop buying their crap.. but you know what happens when a countries economy fails? The often start a war .. you are old enough to know this is bad economic policy, Trump needs to know that you can't bend everyone to your will.

EdLongshanks likes this.
  10. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    One thing no one talks about anymore us national debt or the debt clock , we talked about it all the time under Bush and Obama, but under Trump crickets.. Trump has added over a trillion in his first two years and it's expected to go higher, we need reign in the spending as well.. like I said I like Trump ( didn't vote for him) but people need to understand he does have some warts ..

EdLongshanks likes this.
  11. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    The experts said OBAMA'S economy was doing GREAT!!!!

I learned not to believe them. What happened to GM this week is bad management not the economy. They were fools to try to push that car because Obama wanted it and forced them to. Now they are closing that part out.
    The Chinese economy has NEVER looked worse than it is today, the difference is they are a communists govt and can crack down on the people at any minute for any reason. Here in American and Europe the people can protest all they want. Look at France. The people are protesting TAXES, it is so bad they are setting fires on Champs-Elysees in Paris!! That would be the same if the American people set fires on Pennsylvania Ave in Washington D.C. That's NOT happening. Turn off CNN and get the truth. You might want to go back to giving China everything but I do not.

You said top stop buying from China??? Well that is up to the CUSTOMERS not the govt If the govt stops us from buying from China then that is TARIFFS. Go look around your home, your family's homes, your friends, ever UNION members homes. Look at ALL the NOT made in the USA stuff they have, look at all of it. THAT is OUR fault, we all bought it to save a little money while giving China $5 TRILLION in profits. That $5 TRILLION could have gone to pay for new ROADS, BRIDGES, SCHOOLS, MILITARY, etc, etc. Instead it all went to China because we feared them and they would start an economy war. How about YOU starting buying everything for Christmas MADE IN THE USA!!!! The rest of us will follow YOUR led.

I know and understand what Trump is doing

bondhu and Carl like this.
  12. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    Nobody thinks permanent tariffs are a good idea. They are a negotiating tactic. We can hurt them more than they can hurt us. I like that he has the balls to put other trade “partners” in their place. Stay the course and have some courage and faith.

Carl likes this.
  13. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    We created the monster that is the Chinese ecomony, we could have killed it long ago but our lust for cheaply made affordable crap made us blind to fact we where enabling our own destroyer.. it's gonna be real hard to put that genie back in the bottle. I understand anything we get from China we can make here put it's not that easy, you just don't start up a manufacturing facility over night , it can take months or years.. So there is going to be some pain either way..

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    EdLongshanks likes this.
  14. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    There has always been tariffs. Trump just raised ours to make things more equal. He is trying to less the trade imbalances

TripleGee and Carl like this.
  15. Meatstick

Meatstick 10 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    He's done this shit before, many times I'm sure (smaller scale maybe.) I believe the man knows what he's doing. He's a business man no doubt. Let him take care of business

TripleGee, Carl and drakeshooter like this.