Pre-orbital?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by 120+, Oct 13, 2021 at 5:05 PM.

1. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

That makes sense. I was wondering why the bottle directions in the picture posted by Recurve77 was also in French.

EdLongshanks likes this.
  2. Cornpile

Cornpile 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2006
    Kornfield County,KY
    I always wanted to mix a bottle of doe interdigital gland and doe in heat.
    If I was hunting a wooded area I would make a big circle out in the woods with a
    drag rag coming around in front of my stand.Same for a field stand I would circle
    the entire woods line back to my stand.

3. rockhousehunter

rockhousehunter 10 pointer

Oct 18, 2013
    West Liberty, Ky
    I agree. Don't like using any scents, think they are counter-productive.

4. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    Only time I'm aware scent got any response was a mule deer doe walked up to a hanging wick saturated in Tinks 69. She put her nose on it sniffing.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021 at 11:29 AM
    rockhousehunter likes this.
  5. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    A mock scrape with my own bladder liquid is only scent I use.

woodsman92 likes this.
  6. Recurve77

Recurve77 10 pointer

Aug 7, 2012
    I believe The company that originally developed this synthetic scent was A-Way outdoors in Michigan.They had a strong presence in the Northern US and Southern Canada. They are now based on Rochester, NY. I assume the French directions are for their French Canadian customers.

rockhousehunter likes this.
  7. GTbowhunter

GTbowhunter 6 pointer

Aug 26, 2020
    Owensboro
    Throughout the years I've tried them all. I've even collected the wax from a does interdigital glands (small hole inbetween the hooves) and nothing has worked as well for me as 1) Buck Bombs 2)Tinks 69 and 3) Code Blue Grave Digger (for observation purposes over mocks)

8. hunt

hunt 8 pointer

Sep 29, 2015
    The Berg
    I've tried a bunch, had several small deer trail a 69 drag rag, but nothing decent. Years ago if I'd had a camera guy, I'd had the best commercial ever for Standing Estrous. You guys probably remember that stuff, it was pricey, but I'm a sucker to try new things.

Anyway, had that stuff on a wick, didn't want to pour it on the ground and waste it, and had a 3yr old 10 point come off a ridge chasing a doe. I was hunting a bad wind, but when he hit it, it was like he hit a brick wall. He stopped in his tracks, left the doe( she's probably still running) stuck his nose in the air and followed it to the wick, and his death.

This wasn't a big deer, but I thought I'd unlocked the key to monster bucks. I tried it multiple times after that encounter with no luck,lol. I'll never forget that hunt!

Feedman likes this.
  9. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    That skindog, He is a character

slickhead slayer likes this.