Pre-orbital?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by 120+, Oct 13, 2021 at 5:05 PM.

1. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

I don't remember anyone on here mentioning pre-orbital scent since Skindog said he used it.
    Does anyone use it? Any results?

Just asking for a friend.

2. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
  3. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    Heard of it, never used it. But never saw any to buy. Order it maybe?

4. Ezelkyhunter

Ezelkyhunter 10 pointer

Nov 28, 2013
    If it ain’t tinks 69 I just can’t bring myself to use it. Biggest deer I ever missed which was broadside 15 yards when I was about 14 years old I walked our whole farm edge with a drag line that night and hunted next morning. That buck came in dead on the trail nose to ground and stopped where I left the drag dead broadside. I was using a borrowed old Mauser and shot aiming at the shoulder and splintered the tree up by his head as I was that tore up. I still remember it like it was yesterday. After missing I tried to quietly work the bolt action and the deer stood there while I did it all up until the last downward motion and then it took off. Why in the world I tried to be quiet after just firing a rifle 15 yds from a deer is beyond me. It still haunts me and I still walk by that exact spot yearly

I don’t doubt some scents might work better but it’s tradition. And as I have gotten older a tradition means more than most things when it comes to deer hunting g.

5. PUBLIC RAT

PUBLIC RAT 8 pointer

Feb 18, 2014
    I've used it some, several years ago, had some decent pics of bucks sniffing and working the licking branch. Real stuff is expensive. Smokeys is probably the most advertised, only found online about $30 for 1ounce. Supposed to mimic the smell bucks leave on licking branch,tree,twigs,leaves.

6. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Barren county
    Never heard of it but I don’t use none that shit anymore. I got smart. Lol. I just hunt. I’ve been known to hang a tarsal gland up though.

rockhousehunter likes this.
  7. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

It's "supposed" to be the scent/secretions from around a bucks eyes. The stuff they rub on the branch above a scrape.
    I remember Skindog saying he used it with success. I had not thought about it again until I ran into it at Academy sports. Just wondering if anyone used it.

8. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    I'd be interested in trying it after watching these bucks work that branch the last 4 weeks. They rear up, and rub their head/eyes on the branch, and lick on it too..... Every buck I've seen has hit that same branch, and spent several minutes on it. Might paw the ground for 10 seconds, but they've been working the hell out of that branch.......

Chilly likes this.
  9. woodsman92

woodsman92 10 pointer

Feb 16, 2019
    Russell Co
    I used it a couple years ago, I was in the outdoor aisle too long one day and it came home with me. Was a mock scrape generator kit. Had 2 bottles, one was pre orbital to put on licking branche and other was to put in the scrape. It was useless, still better off to scratch the ground and piss in it and just have a good height branch over it

10. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

Well that's been my stance. I've had great luck with a stick and my own piss but was wandering if anyone had used it. I didn't purchase. I'm too damn cheap.

11. Recurve77

Recurve77 10 pointer

Aug 7, 2012
    858816C8-1B2D-4858-BA56-2F575E0B7DF8.jpeg 987B1048-63CD-4360-B20B-A9FDEC098542.jpeg
    I’ve use this product for several years with good results encouraging bucks to use licking branches and I believe it also encourages them to use the mock scrapes below those branches. I have had great success using this product primarily as a scouting tool getting pics of some very good bucks. But I can’t say that using this product was why I killed any particular deer.
    7DA6FD95-9B9F-4871-8CA9-B0B11FC28D32.jpeg

Feedman, Nock and rockhousehunter like this.
  12. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

Looked it up on Amazon. Damn that's $50 bucks! I'll just keep pissin.

Feedman and woodsman92 like this.
  13. slickhead slayer

slickhead slayer 12 pointer

Nov 14, 2005
    VP OF ADMIN Development
    Skindog told me that it's worked a little bit for him in the woods, but his best results with it came at the gay bar. Said he can't keep em from hunching all over him.

Feedman, Nock and EdLongshanks like this.
  14. PrimeTine

PrimeTine 6 pointer

Sep 4, 2011
    Breathitt County
    Had a friend get kicked out of a gay bar once, kept trying to come in the back door

slickhead slayer, Feedman and 120+ like this.