Post Ky Elk Guide or Hunt Area Information Needed Here

Discussion in 'Elk Hunting' started by GSP, Aug 30, 2007.

Tags:
  1. hotbike

hotbike Fawn

Dec 12, 2011
    Got Elk Cow Tag For late Dec 2013 still need place to hunt anyone know any places I can hunt in North At Large area THANKS

2. Lewis Jay

Lewis Jay Fawn

Dec 12, 2013
    My wife got a cow tag for Straight Creek LEA, we also need assistance. I'm 100% disabled but I could still compensate you, if nothing else, half an elk.
    lewisjay365@gmail.com

3. Bonehead33

Bonehead33 Fawn

Nov 6, 2013
    I can help 16062755056

4. Baz59

Baz59 Spike

Dec 5, 2010
    South Shore
    I'm looking for an area to shed hunt. I'm a fire hard whitetail shed Hunter, but live a few hours from elk in ky.. not liking for anyone's honey hole, just would love to be pointed in the rt direction..

Sent from my SCH-R530X using Tapatalk

5. RedBud

RedBud Fawn

Mar 7, 2014
    Dayton, Ohio
    Sounds great but I haven't been able to get a permit. Do you know anything about getting one from a land owner?

6. RedBud

RedBud Fawn

Mar 7, 2014
    Dayton, Ohio
    I've heard from several sources that Hazard area is a good place to hunt but you have to get drawn to hunt there.

7. veetail

veetail Fawn

Nov 24, 2008
    KY
    Any info on best guide for Straight Creek LEA, first week rifle bull tag? Feel free to PM me if you guide and costs, etc. Thanks.

8. talltines

talltines Spike

Nov 13, 2006
    I'm also drawn for the Straight Creek Area for a Bull Archery hunt. Any advice on how to scout Elk in this area or in general is appreciated.

9. sapperdawg

sapperdawg Fawn

Jul 27, 2014
    Hello -

With the sudden dump of the ICG land in the Hazard LEA, I am now looking for other options, and will likely require a guide service. I have a cow tag for week 1 firearm. Any information is greatly appreciated.

10. inchr48

inchr48 10 pointer

May 14, 2013
    NW Indiana
    sapperdawg,

I hunted the Hazard LEA last year, Archery/Cow. PM me if you want a guide reference.

11. bhayes420

bhayes420 Fawn

Sep 25, 2014
    Hello all. Was drawn for first firearm cow elk season and drew Caney LEA. Any info appreciated. Heading that was next week to do some scouting. I'm from far western Kentucky and have never spent any time east of Berea. Looking forward to it! Not planning on hiring a guide. Again, any info would be helpful.

12. bskaggs

bskaggs Fawn

Oct 20, 2014
    Hello, I was drawn for a Bull archery tag in Straight Creek LEA and I haven't had much luck so far any info on that area would be greatly appreciated.

13. farmboynick

farmboynick Fawn

Nov 19, 2004
    Unknown
    My dad got a bull rifle week 2. Anyone who can help with a guide please pm me.

14. kayak

kayak Spike

HUNT BOOKED, DISREGARD,

Drew a cow rifle week 1. I would like to find an outfitter with a high success rate and reasonable rates!
    PM ME

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  15. got drawn for bull rifle week 1. Any thoughts on what LEA is best to apply for? looking for trusted guides as well because of work will probably only get to hunt 2 to 3 days so looking to get a guide to better my chances. feel free to PM me and thanks in advance for any help.