Possible 45 day season

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by oddfellow1976, Jan 24, 2020.

1. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds
    Mr. Gassett is a man, an a highly knowledgeable one, it seems rather apparent; however, I do know the retired pharmacist, have known him for years, via colonel. The man has hunted for decades and is known to be excellent at such. I asked where he is hunting, was told. I asked what the bird behavior has been, and such was also kindly relayed, but I am not sharing either pieces of intel.

2. Brown Dogs Matter

Brown Dogs Matter 12 pointer

Jun 7, 2004
    Louisville, KY.
    I know Gassett, have met him more than once when he was commissioner, thanks.

I simply doubt the veracity of your claims, as they go against every single report from Kentucky south this year.

Yes, there have been a few decent days over the season. But, when people who literally make a living at this are saying the same thing as those who casually hunt...I pay attention.

I also doubt anyone - especially a duck hunter - gave away their spots. That's rare enough as to be akin to winning the Powerball.

Big Snuff, Giveem3outdoors and adamky like this.
  3. HeadedWest

HeadedWest 10 pointer

Nov 22, 2016
    Did your success rates increase any?

4. Brown Dogs Matter

Jun 7, 2004
    Louisville, KY.
    So far, yes. We don't know the area just yet and haven't been out very often. But, I'm not complaining. We do see more ducks here than in Louisville and that's a plus.

5. adamky

adamky 6 pointer

Sep 10, 2008
    Daviess County
    I am with Hunt 4 life and the “ban” wagon!

Giveem3outdoors likes this.
  6. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    I only spoke with Mr. Gassett once, but I am sure that I could have yet another pleasant conversation with him, in order to learn more. We did not speak directly with colonel's old hunting friend, whom now possesses the shotgun colonel began training me with at eight years of age, and I intend to commandeer. Instead, we spoke with his daughter, as previously mentioned. She is an honest, respectable lady, whom was no doubt extremely honest in what she relayed to us, especially being that she is rather fond of colonel, as are most ladies, lol.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  7. HeadedWest

HeadedWest 10 pointer

Nov 22, 2016
    Are you a game warden or a Biologist?

8. Capttrae

Capttrae 12 pointer

Apr 2, 2012
    Oh look shiney

9. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    That he is, captain, while always having been extremely intimidated by my late mother's father, being that he was much more shiney, as a full-bird colonel. He was actually more intimidated by granddaddy's wife, though, and with good reason.

10. Brown Dogs Matter

Jun 7, 2004
    Louisville, KY.
    Neither...yet.

Trying very hard to enter the world of waterfowl research/management after retiring from 20 years of law enforcement.

11. mmayes

mmayes 12 pointer

Aug 2, 2005
    Near Aintry
    Tore the Flop Shack down 3 years ago and built a house that the wind would not whistle through at night and rain not fill the tub up. No longer do I have to gather around the stove for heat in the winter.

Mayes