Poll and advice please!

Discussion in 'Food Preparation, Camp Cooking and Recipes' started by Shiz-Nit, May 25, 2012.

1. Shiz-Nit

Shiz-Nit 10 pointer

You know that is not a bad idea... I think if thing go further with this I would do a tasting (small amounts) to see what people think. I think that would be good for my business proposal.

So yea I will keep you posted and would love for you to give me an honest two thumbs up lip smackin' okay!!!

2. Shiz-Nit

Shiz-Nit 10 pointer

I think if you could eat at Sonny's BBQ here in somerset I think we could do better on price with REAL PIT BBQ!!!!

I think the avarge Backyard BBQ Dude is better than Sonny's... And I dont put out no avarage Backyard BBQ!!!!

That said if we go father would you like to give me an honest taste testing (free BBQ) to get some feed back?

Last edited: May 26, 2012
  3. quackrstackr

quackrstackr Welcome to Fantasy Island Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    The Island
    I'm all about the food. I could care less if there is alcohol served there or not. If I wanted to drink, I would go to a bar or do it at home.

You need to move to Murray and open it up here. For all of the crap that this town has.. the best steak you can get is at Applebee's. LOL. Sad, sad state of affairs. We have a couple of okay bbq places but nothing that serves food on the order of what you post on here. A place like that would be a hit.

4. DRS

DRS Banned

Mar 3, 2010
    Kentucky
    When I was attending MSU back in the early 1970's, the places I ate at were: The Palace, Captain's Kitchen, Tom's Pizza, & Perkins Steak House. I haven't been back to Murray since I graduated in the Spring of 1974, & wonder if these places are still there.:confused:

5. mrdux

mrdux Guest

Tom's Pizza is back after being gone for a few years. The rest are history.

6. 8&sand

8&sand 12 pointer

I'll send you a pm later when I set down to a laptop...

7. HUNTZVT

HUNTZVT 12 pointer

The best BBQ place here in Dyersburg doesn't sell booze. Doesn't stop me from eating there a couple times a week.

8. HUNTINGMAN

HUNTINGMAN 12 pointer

Nov 7, 2008
    Harrodsburg KY
    I would make a special trip to summerset to sample some of the food I've seen pics of and give a fellow forum member some buisness.

9. HUNTINGMAN

HUNTINGMAN 12 pointer

Nov 7, 2008
    Harrodsburg KY
    I'll prolly be in somerset next weekend,can you have it up and running by then.:)

10. pentail

pentail Bacon Staff Member

Sep 25, 2002
    Savoring the smoke
    I think the night before the grand opening, he needs to host a wing ding. After that, anything the general public can through at him will be child's play

11. AteUp

AteUp 12 pointer

Mar 14, 2004
    Luavul
    I drink plenty of alcohol in my free time but I rarely ever do when I go out to eat. Matter of fact, I don't like the taste of beer with food. There, I said it.

12. philipfleek

philipfleek 12 pointer

Feb 24, 2008
    philville, KY
    Yup, beer first-food second. I know what ya mean.

13. rock802

rock802 10 pointer

Dec 13, 2005
    primrose ky.
    Shiz,I have told you many times, your food looks so good that I think I would even try things I didn't like...
    Itwould take me a good 2 hrs to get to Somerset, but yes I would have to come.....

14. GSP

GSP 14 Pointer Staff Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Montrose
    Hey, I was being my typical sarcastic self and just kidding.........but YEAH!

15. raktrakr

raktrakr Cyber-Hunter

Jan 20, 2002
    central ky
    Not bad idea Shiz, you could try setting up a "roadside" joint on a few weekends, cruise night in general, to sell some items and let the folks know your intentions and get their input. Sonnys seems to get a lot of business, from what ive seen, so I dont see why you couldnt do just as well a couple miles down the road, especially since the only thing separating Burnside and Somerset is the Cumberland. Fwiw, while eating at BBQ joints, the main complaint I heard was "all the bbq joints around here only serve pork", I took that as"wheres the beef"