Political Assassinations

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ptbrauch, Sep 10, 2019.

1. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    A few weeks ago, I was watching a show about Woodstock and they mentioned the RFK assassination. I couldn't remember any actual assassinations in my lifetime. I remember the attempts on Scalise and Giffords. However, in thinking about it, had those attempts been successful, I don't think much would've changed--neither one was well known or very influential.

That got me thinking.... who would be someone, if they were assassinated, would cause the most change in this country? And what kind of change do you think it will be? Do you think there's anyone who could change the tone of discourse in this country and bring back political civility?

edited to add: I don't guess it has to be necessarily be an assassination. It could simply be death. But assassination does add a certain angle to it.

2. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

I don't know if I would even type that word on the Internet these days. It may block you from buying ammo.

3. Good start today firing the Warhawk Bolton.

EC and barney like this.
  4. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    One name that has occurred in your lifetime? Epstein.

Lady Hunter likes this.
  5. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    True

6. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    Showing my age....I remember the JFK assassination. I was in the 2nd grade, and they let school out early and we went home and watched the coverage on our old black and white TV. Even at that age I could see the significance of the event.

7. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.

Same here. Watched the whole thing. Ever saw the Oswald shooting live on TV, I was the only one in the living room with the TV when it happened and when they started showing replays everybody was in the room with me.

Carl likes this.
  8. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    The Leftists are Slobbering at the mouth like Mad Dogs, hoping someone will assassinate President Trump.
    They've been talking it up in hopes it happens,.

TripleGee and EC like this.
  9. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Underground Bunker in KY
    I saw them both and remember it well.

Dark Cloud likes this.
  10. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Underground Bunker in KY
    If that were to happen, I think "Hell Will Be Coming to Breakfast" Democrats had better find a rock to hide under.

11. 00noturkey

00noturkey 8 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    high grove, ky
    i were in the 3rd. grade, when it was announced on PBS, Spanish class. hollowood, has been promoting this, as well as some dem's in congress, promoting violence.. aint no telling who played the strings, that led to JFK, MLK, an Robert, being offed. doubt the truth will ever be known. cathy, under the water.. must have been some party..
    still going on, though..
    that, i cant understand.. ..