Polaris Ranger/UTV Question

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by luvtohunt, Dec 1, 2020.

1. luvtohunt

luvtohunt 10 pointer

Sep 1, 2011
    Eubank, Ky
    Any of you guys ever had made or purchased an extended roll cage for your single row seated utility vehicles? I have a 09 Polaris Ranger 700 xp that I’d like to put a bench seat in the bed and extend the cage for protection to ride with the entire family (don’t wanna drop 12-15 grand on a 4 seater if I can prevent it). I’ve seen a couple options that are produced for newer rangers and some older ones that do not seem to be produced anymore. Just wondering if anyone had any experience with it and what route you went. Custom job at a welder or off the shelf deal and how it worked out for ya cost wise/function wise. If off the shelf what company? Thanks.

2. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    I am sending you a PM.

3. jblack1

jblack1 12 pointer

Dec 13, 2005
    Science Hill
    A guy I work with has a buddy that builds custom cages.
    I bought a 3 row seat from a windstar van that fits in the bed of my Ranger for $25

JR in KY likes this.
  4. Mt Pokt

Mt Pokt 8 pointer

Nov 8, 2018
    Campbell County
    Planning to reinforce those little tabs on the dump lever somehow? I've never had my bed dump by accident, but I've never needed a roll cage for the bed either.
    What I'm getting at, is if you're going to have folks in the bed, you might want to make sure the bed itself is secure.

1wildcatfan likes this.
  5. rcb216

rcb216 12 pointer

Sep 25, 2005
    Robertson Co.
    My pioneer 1000 has a safety feature that will not let the bed dump if the rear seats are up. I would make sure there is no way a limb or something would catch the release and dump. Maybe even a strap that loops over the lever and secures it would work.

6. luvtohunt

luvtohunt 10 pointer

Sep 1, 2011
    Eubank, Ky
    If I make the modification the bed will be also be modified into a fixed position. In all honesty, the only time I think I have even tilted the bed was when I bought it lol.