Podcast?

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by LoneArrow, Jun 4, 2020.

1. LoneArrow

LoneArrow 6 pointer

Jul 21, 2016
    Scott County
    Do you listen to any hunting / outdoor podcasts? I’ve fallen behind on podcasts the past couple of months, but I am curious what hunting podcasts others listen to.

My favorite is Steve Rinella’s The Meat Eater. His shows are great as well. I don’t enjoy the traditional hunting tv shows so much, but the team at The Meat Eater keep things interesting and educational.

Other podcasts I sometimes listen to are Wired to Hunt, BHA, and Randy Newburg. What’s your favorite podcast(s)?

2. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    I listen to the meat eater podcast pretty much exclusively. It takes me about a week to get through one show. I have a lot of starts and stops because I usually listen when driving.

LoneArrow likes this.
  3. LoneArrow

LoneArrow 6 pointer

Jul 21, 2016
    Scott County
    I had an hour drive to and from work pre-covid, so I could finish one in a day. I had almost caught up on every episode they released. Now my morning commute from the bed to the desk doesnt allow much time for podcasts. = )

muddhunter likes this.
  4. gettin bit

gettin bit Fawn

Jul 14, 2017
    Woodford Co.
    Kentucky afield has a podcast that can be worth a listen.

5. WaterDog88

WaterDog88 10 pointer

Jul 28, 2008
    Kentucky
    Meat eater and Cal's week in review.

Ataulbe1 and LoneArrow like this.
  6. rlb165

rlb165 12 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    Dan Infalt, aka The Hunting Beast has some good stuff.

Wolverinebuckman and LoneArrow like this.
  7. cedar ridge

cedar ridge 6 pointer

Dec 3, 2015
    South Central KY
    Land and Legacy has some great material.

LoneArrow likes this.
  8. Tman6493

Tman6493 8 pointer

Oct 28, 2013
    Louisville
    Wow can’t believe I’ve never seen this. Thanks. I listen to meat eater, Kentucky Sports Radio, and Off the Husk with mellinial farmer. Meat eater is hunting. Ksr is sports and the off the husk it just funny farmers and it’s pretty informative on all things farming if your into it. I listen to them while I drive mostly or chill in the pool or garden

LoneArrow likes this.
  9. bah1286

bah1286 8 pointer

Jul 29, 2014
    Cal’s Week In Review is at the top of my list. Listen to MeatEater, Wired to Hunt and The Hunting Collective. They are all now associated with the MeatEater group and are best out there in my opinion. Gets me through mowing, driving, yard work, whatever else.

10. Ataulbe1

Ataulbe1 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2017
    Estill County
    This week I started listening to Cal's week in review. I believe I heard xbokilla recommend it. I used to listen to sports news on the way to/from work, but its unbearable now! Just liberal politics and no sports.

11. KentuckyOutdoorsMag

KentuckyOutdoorsMag Spike

May 18, 2020
    Frankfort, KY
    I plan to launch the Kentucky Outdoors Podcast on July 1. Our first two episodes will be the elk talks that we had on Facebook live. I'll come back and post the link when we start. Hope you guys check it out!

Jason1977 and AndySchulte like this.
  12. Ataulbe1

Ataulbe1 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2017
    Estill County
    Please do, I'll definitely check it out. I really enjoyed your interviews. Other than the Ky Afield call-in shows there isn't much dialogue with KDFWR. I think opening that up really benefits everyone.

AndySchulte likes this.
  13. AndySchulte

AndySchulte Spike

Jun 18, 2020
    Louisville, Kentucky
    I like the Hunting Beast, The Hunting Public, and White Knuckle Podcast.

Wolverinebuckman likes this.