Poaching near knob state forest

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Bummed, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Bummed

Bummed Fawn

Oct 8, 2019
    Eastern ky
    I called the number for our game warden yesterday it connected me to ksp they got my name and number and what was going on and they said they was going to give the info to the game warden so he could call me back

HuntressOfLight likes this.
  2. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds
    Invite the game warden to your property, having a very nice lunch prepared for just the two of you, taking that time to get to personally know one another.

3. Bummed

Bummed Fawn

Oct 8, 2019
    Eastern ky
    That’s sounds to much like a date haha I’ll let him come look at the deer tell him what happened

4. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Lololol...., well, presuming that your GW is a man, it is very good to know you don't like men in that way... Seriously, though, you should ask your wife to have something nice to eat on hand and offer it. Regardless of whether your GW accepts, such will go a long way toward making a good impression, and not only will it be appreciated, it will also be positively remembered, which is what you desire.

5. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    ^^^... otherwise known as Southern hospitality, and/or proper etiquette. Imagine that your GW constantly deals with multitudes of frustrating people and disgusting situations. Change of pace is memorable.

6. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    I shivered when I read this.
    I will meet with the GW. Offer him a water Gatorade or tea maybe even a beer but fixing him a meal is just a little too weird

rabbit dawg and Meatstick like this.
  7. rlb165

rlb165 12 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    Unless there’s candles. Candles would make it less awkward.

8. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Maybe such is simply because you are a man. I do not know, but it is well known that one way to a man's good graces is through a tummy full of delicious food. I would not suggest preparing venison for the GW, under these particular circumstances, though.

Feedman likes this.
  9. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Feedman likes this.
  10. bigbonner

bigbonner 12 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    I had to post this .
    Grandmaw smoking crawdads

Dark Cloud and HuntressOfLight like this.
  11. Grago

Grago 10 pointer

Dec 13, 2016
    Thats his job you pay their salary The ones around here do a good job I had a friend that had someone dump some ,garbage on his land Dumb azzes left a pill bottle in it with their name on it he called the sheriff didnt even come out called the GW asked if he could do anything was there in less than an hour he went to their house and gave them 2 days to pick it up next day they picked it up i would have thought it would have been a littering violation but never heard anymore about it

12. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    See? Should have made the Sherrif a nice meal.

13. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Neither my mother nor grandmother ever messed with crawdaddies, within the kitchen or creek, and so I never learned to make them, but I have had them, once, and they were really good. My great grandmother, that might very well be another story, being that she used to ring chickens' necks, before cleaning them and making meals, so I have been told. I would not have wished to have seen that. They referred to me as Ellie Mae Clampett, instead, simply due to my love for all critters.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  14. Grago

Grago 10 pointer

Dec 13, 2016
    He will probably be reminded of it next election.

15. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Maybe, maybe not. I was simply brought up to offer nice refreshments to those in which I invite to my properties, regardless of whether they be governmental officials or skilled laborers. When the utility line workers recently performed work here, I offered them warm drinks and refreshments, even though I never invited them to trim the trees. It is simply common courtesy, as well as wise. Those mentioned line workers are now going to be performing additional tree work here, in the future, upon my request and at no charge. ;)