Poaching near knob state forest

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Bummed, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Bummed

Bummed Fawn

Oct 8, 2019
    Eastern ky
    got off work and was pulling in my driveway and a old red Jeep pulls in behind me tells me that he hit a deer earlier that morning if it was alright if he could go back behind my house to look for it. Keep in mind that the closest woods from my house is about 500 yards. I told him no that my dad was hunting behind my house and if she wasn’t laying out in the open after getting hit by a car he wouldn’t find her anyway. A couple hours later about an hour after dark me my wife and kids are sitting in the living room watching tv and hear a gunshot right in front of our house. I ran to the front door seen the deer running through the front yard and the Jeep pulls up and shoots again. I ran grabbed my gun he went back the road towards knob state forest which is a dead end road I finally catch up to him and he whips it around in a field so I did the same right behind him had the cops on the phone and read them his license plate and he makes it back out of the road. So I go up to the house and just sit there and to my surprise the idiot shows up again so this time I block the road with my truck and put my brights on him. It took the cops about 30 min to get there which I get it they probably have more important things to do. But when there shooting straight towards people’s houses you would think they would take it more serious but I guess not. So the cops gets there they find his gun the crack headed boy told the cops he was coyote hunting which is still illegal because you can’t shoot from a road and you can’t use a vehicle and I’m not for sure because I don’t coyote hunt but I think u can only use lights after dark for like a month out of the year and when you hunt after dark you have to use a shotgun but he had a rifle. Cops let him go told me he was coyote hunting. I told the cop the next one that shoots toward the house I’m going to blow their tire or engine out it’s ridiculous that the state buys this land and it turns into a war zone around the house people breaking into houses stealing stuff and people poaching deer shooting straight towards peoples houses.

Trophyspike and Winchester94 like this.
  2. Bummed

Bummed Fawn

Oct 8, 2019
    Eastern ky
    Forgot to put in there that it was the same boy/red Jeep that came to my house asking to look for the deer that was doing the poaching

3. SummertimeCarl

SummertimeCarl Fawn

Jan 16, 2018
    Louisville
    Wow - That sounds like one heck of an adventure. It's a shame that they didn't do a dang thing - Absurd that I worry about the teeniest of tiniest of laws when it comes to hunting only to learn that people with blatant disregard of the law get off without a citation.

So did the guy actually land a shot on the deer? If so, did it die on your property?

4. Bummed

Bummed Fawn

Oct 8, 2019
    Eastern ky
    I looked the next morning drove up and down the road looking and walked the the ditch line trying to find the deer either he didn’t hit it or didn’t hit it good enough for it to die close

5. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 6 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    If it recently occurred, it might not be a bad idea to place some cams toward the driveway and road.

6. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    Contact the game warden. The cops were out of their wheelhouse and didn’t know what to do. The game warden should have enough info where they can follow up and make a case. If you aren’t satisfied with the results ask for a supervisor. If this played out the way I read it you need something done. Otherwise it will be a free for all around there.

7. Bummed

Bummed Fawn

Oct 8, 2019
    Eastern ky
    I tired calling the game warden for bullitt county or who I thought it was but I guess he got a promotion or something because he works in Frankfort now. Does anyone on here know who the bullitt county game warden is now

8. Bummed

Bummed Fawn

Oct 8, 2019
    Eastern ky
    I was told next time that If I can’t get ahold of the game warden to call state police.

9. timer

timer 10 pointer

Feb 20, 2013
    La Grange
    I'd go to the County Attorney.

10. bstickin1

bstickin1 8 pointer

Jul 1, 2005
    Rocky Hill, Kentucky
    F&W site is showing Rodney Milburn 270-766-5078.

11. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    Theres no way this would end like that with me! Theres just to much information you have for him to not get busted, you better watch your back because now he knows he ain't going to get in trouble!
    He will be back and he will be bolder

12. Bummed

Bummed Fawn

Oct 8, 2019
    Eastern ky
    Better hope he don’t come back but he surprised me the other day how stupid he is. A family friend is a cop he pulled up a picture of him from his license plate number said he was going to let him know how lucky he got that the cop that showed up was younger and didn’t really know what he was doing to not get caught back on this road

13. I hear the same type stories in greenup co. every year.Nothing happens to them.

14. Strut 'N' Buck

Strut 'N' Buck 8 pointer

Apr 16, 2011
    Shepherdsville, KY
    Care to share what road you’re talking about? I’m familiar with Bullitt Co