Picking a cell camera

Discussion in 'Game Trail Cameras & Camcorders' started by hodges, Dec 10, 2018.

1. hodges

hodges 6 pointer

Sep 19, 2010
    kentucky
    ok I’m in the market for a new lte cell camera I’ve used covert in past I’ve had pretty good luck .I’m open to spartan and covert is what I’ve thought of .is there anymore that’s good? I’d like stay 300$ or less tell me why it’s better and witch has the best plan , also I know it’s season about over should I buy one now or wait till next year and see if any new ones come out?

2. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    check out www.trailcampro.com for reviews, then I would wait until after the new year to check witch one is on sale.

Travis Davis likes this.
  3. hodges

hodges 6 pointer

Sep 19, 2010
    kentucky
    I can’t decide witch one go with spartan is rarely on sell I can get the covert for $290 spartan is $380-450

4. littlebear

littlebear 12 pointer

Aug 21, 2007
    the woods
    I got a couple of the covert 12.1 models. I’ve been very happy with them for last couple years.

carnivore likes this.
  5. Bigbuck01

Bigbuck01 Fawn

Feb 13, 2018
    The south
    Native outdoors usually runs a sell on their cameras. Bought a spartan a couple months ago, works great

6. dupont241

dupont241 6 pointer

Jun 1, 2006
    South Central Kentucky
    If you like the 12.1 you will love the LTE version. Super fast. I averaged 20 seconds when I requested a photo to get a live one sent to me.

7. T-wil69

T-wil69 10 pointer

Jan 16, 2015
    Just do what I did go to Walmart and but the Spypoint, it comes with a month of free pics, put it out a few weeks before season, kill your buck early and take the camera back to get your money

kyoutdoorsman and 1wildcatfan like this.
  8. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    I have a Snyper, it's ok, but it only works on ATT or T-Mobile service well. Unless your close to a tower and I mean close. When the Snyper didn't do well where I wanted it, I got a Spartan Verizon. I haven't found anything I don't like about the camera. It's really nice. Once you put it in place and it has signal, you can do EVERYTHING from your phone or computer. You really don't have to go back to the camera. Got nothing but good things to say. I got it from these guys.

https://www.herd360.com/

He always has em in stock, and you can call him with any questions. He will even build you an external battery or antenna boost if you need it. Camera, Security box, python lock cable, all was included in price. Highly recommend it, I'm going to get another one to add for next year. I am still on the first set of Lithium batteries and I'm over 5000 pics on it and still going strong.

1wildcatfan likes this.