Pete Rose denied reinstatement into baseball........again

wademup

12 pointer
Feb 5, 2004
benton, ky, USA.
could be wrong............but it is my understanding that Rose had to be reinstated by MLB to become eligible, to be voted on, for induction to the HOF. MLB does not want to reinstate him because that would also make him eligible to again become a member (coach) of a team which they don't want because he hasn't changed his ways. He is part of several displays in the HOF museum showing the history of the game.

Riverview is correct, the commisioner even said hecwasnt ruling on Rose' Hall of Fame status. The Hall has its own rules

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
Hmm. I have to disagree. What Pete did was far worse than steroids, because as manager, he affected the game far more than an individual player would have

Also, you can't go back retroactively before steroids were banned and punish guys for that. It's not right that they used them, but there wasn't a rule against it at the time. And which of those guys got into the hall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what I always get at. I don't condone the roids either but they didn't violate MLB "law". I was also thinking the same thing, "Who got in?" Heck, like him or not, if Bonds can't get in with his stats then Rose shouldn't. Once again, I say this as a guy who liked Pete.

ptbrauch

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2004
The OC
A big part of the reason Bonds isn't in is that he's was an ahole to the media his whole career. Guess who votes on hall?

TripleGee

12 pointer
Sep 13, 2003
Somerset
Put him in the hall as a player along with his stats. Big asterisk beside name regarding his coaching fiascos and betting. Since he's still betting, don't allow him to be associated with coaching baseball, even batting coach.

Iceman35

12 pointer
Oct 27, 2008
Boone County
Put him in the hall as a player along with his stats. Big asterisk beside name regarding his coaching fiascos and betting. Since he's still betting, don't allow him to be associated with coaching baseball, even batting coach.

His stats and records are already in the hall.

When I was there, they had a life-size cutout of him head first sliding into home. It was a display talking about the dynasty's of baseball, and mentioned the Big Red machine.

The only thing that's missing is his name and bust on the wall with the rest of them. What I find sad is that not getting into the HOF seems to define him, as well as Cincinnati itself.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
A big part of the reason Bonds isn't in is that he's was an ahole to the media his whole career. Guess who votes on hall?

My point exactly. People voting on likability/popularity, etc...not the facts.

Latest posts