Per summation of the Super Bowl

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by wademup, Feb 5, 2017.

1. littlebear

littlebear 12 pointer

Aug 21, 2007
    the woods
  2. wademup

wademup 12 pointer

Feb 5, 2004
    benton, ky, USA.
    I'm always amazed how quickly people get these meme's out there, wish I could say I made it

3. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    What a choke job by the falcons.

4. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    By the coaches. They froze. They could have killed at least 1:30 of the clock on that last drive simply by waiting to snap the ball at .02 or so. They were snapping with 15-20 seconds on play clock every time... Then there was the play calling..... smh

5. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    Staged, rigged, whatever you wanna call it. It's not a sport anymore, its entertainment with a lot of big dollar persuasion that influences the outcome of games Imo.

6. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012

I love a good conspiracy theory as much as anyone and agree money at both college and pro has gotten ridiculous but I don't think rigged determined the outcome as much as Atlanta wanting to beat them 40 instead of playing smart. They wasted possession after possession trying to pass and use trick plays when all they had to do was put it on the ground and use clock. The hoopla 5 hours before the game and the increasingly weird halftime shows...definitely over the top ridiculous.

7. When you have 2 backs in the class of Freeman and Coleman to throw the ball on that 3rd down, after gaining like 9 yards on 2 straight runs, instead of setting up the kick was stupid and lost Atlanta the ballgame.

Munson likes this.
  8. mudhole crossing

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    I don't understand why u wouldn't call such plays, unless that was part of the giveaway. Just like super bowl 49. A pass play inches within the goal?

9. mudhole crossing

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    Exactly, why would professional coaches call such idiotic plays?

10. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    You would think Pete Carroll and the Seahawks would have proven that you run the ball.

Nock likes this.
  11. EarlyBird1

EarlyBird1 8 pointer

Aug 4, 2014
    SouthCentral KY
    You have the ball 1st and 10 on the 22 yd line with 4 mins to go and an 8 pt lead. Up to this moment you are averaging just a tick above 6.5 yards per carry in the game. Standing on the other sideline in waiting is not one but two GOATs. If they get the ball back with that lead still at 8 and more than 90 seconds left you are almost certainly beat given the way the game has been going.

So you run it on first down and lose 1 yard. If at that point you are afraid of getting stuffed 2 more times in a row... then run the clock all the way down and run 2 consecutive QB sneaks and kick the 40 yd or less FG. Take a knee twice. No matter what... you have to at least attempt a 40 something yard FG to end that drive.

No play can even be called by the OC that could even possibly wind up in a sack. If you really want to throw the ball then call a designed roll out for Ryan so that if he sees pressure coming he can simply throw it away at no risk of grounding being called. You already have one of your starting Tackles out with an injury. Calling a pass play where Ryan takes a 7 step drop and stays in the pocket in that situation is beyond idiotic and in my opinion even worse than the Seahawks play call 2 years ago. At least in that case the Seahawks had to get it into the endzone. A running play there for Seattle probably has a lower chance of success than Matt Bryant kicking a 41 yd FG (he was 28 for 29 from 40-49 yds this year by the way). In this case for Atlanta almost anything else that you do wins you the game.

Millions and millions of people watching that game were saying (as I was) "No matter what you do here... you CANNOT take a sack!"..... and they took a sack.

One thing I am very comfortable in saying... If that situation is exactly reversed Tom Brady doesn't take a sack there. Bill Belichick and his OC don't call a pass play there. They just don't make dunderhead mistakes like that and that is why they win these games and other teams wind up feeling like Atlanta feels right now.

12. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Well said. No matter how a person feels about the Pats they rarely make a stupid mistake or play call when it matters.

13. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    Russians hacked the game.

Marsh CallUser likes this.