People stopping ICE from doing their job.

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by ojibwa62, Jul 25, 2019.

1. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
  2. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Neighbors helping a neighbor. If I read it right he had been there quite a while and must have been a good neighbor.
    I see it as no different then Trump telling his people to ignore a Subpoena that was served. But some here will not see it that way as expected. If anyone of us did that we would be picked up and in jail. As they would expect those neighbors for forming that human chain to be.

3. PUBLIC RAT

PUBLIC RAT 6 pointer

Feb 18, 2014
    Now that's real obstruction, not like that phony fake stuff they think Trump did.

4. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    I don't see that all as even being close to the same thing. Trump telling someone to ignore a subpoena is a way to force the courts to decide whether the subpoenas were issued with the proper authority--can the legislative branch subpoena another branch for a non-criminal hearing?

Gforcetrivers likes this.
  5. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

I believe they can subpoena anyone they want for any reason. Heck they could subpoena you if they wanted for any reason. Ignore it and see what happens. I am sure Trump would have your back... :D

6. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    Yeah, they could subpoena you or me because we're not members of any body of government.

Whatever became of AG Holder defying the subpoena from Congress? Why did he do that?

7. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    The LAW allows the US President to claim executive privilege for the executive branch of the US government. That is a privilege EVERY President has used, some far more than others. Trump is far below the average so far. Also some people don't ever know what the executive branch is or what depts., agencies or staff are in it.

This can be used for Congress subpoenas but not the Courts like some have claimed before. In fact it's the Courts job to decide if the privilege was used legally on each case but they have to bring each case to the courts to get a ruling on them.

NO it is NOT the same thing those people did. Those people BROKE THE LAW in what they did.

8. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Neither were some of those that got subpoena's, not elected by anyone. Just everyday people that Trump had their back or hopes to.

9. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    Those people are not citizens and have no rights.
    I sure hope your family members find they're soul mates before Trump kicks them out

10. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    But they were members of the executive branch and were being subpoenaed for their duties in that branch. Again, why did Holder ignore his subpoena? It was for the same argument. Notice how there was no further pursuit from him, nor has there been any further pursuit of the subpoenas from this congress? There's a reason for that and it's the same reason in both cases.

11. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    If liberals are looking for "obstruction of justice", there it is!

Brody likes this.