People are Stupid!

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by predator1, May 8, 2021.

1. beauhunter41031

beauhunter41031 12 pointer

Jan 1, 2018
    Cynthiana, Ky
    I hit a German Shepherd last winter that still really makes me feel bad so I couldn’t imagine a human life

TripleGee and predator1 like this.
  2. Tankt

Tankt 10 pointer

Dec 26, 2019
    Kentucky
    Sometimes it's not their fault though. A friend of mine had a chemical imbalance when we were in high school. He beat his own mailbox off with his head and then laid down in the road. This was at night. It took a few trial and errors on different drugs but they got it taken care of. No issues since. He was very lucky.

predator1 likes this.
  3. Stone Branch

Stone Branch 8 pointer

Jun 27, 2019
    Lewis county, KY
    A woman that lived on the property that I bought was drunk/drugged beaten and dumped by her friends before being hit and killed in the road.

G

Southpaw and predator1 like this.
  4. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    Here's a wild one that happened yesterday morning. Set it up, my Dad turned 88 Wednesday, Moms 87 with dementia real bad, they live in a neighborhood, Dad has .40 Glock in his nightstand...
    Here we go.... Expecting my brother to stop by yesterday morning, sitting around breakfast table having coffee, front door is unlocked and half open. Dad hears door open, hollers my brothers name, no response. Hollers again, no response. Dad goes to front door, no one there. Looks in living room and dining room, no one. Walks in bedroom and "a large man, 250-300 lbs laying on their bed" per dad. Dad: gets pistol, holds behind his back, said didn't want to escalate until necessary. Person would not respond, had a "far away" look in his eyes. Dad thought jacked up on drugs. Dad calls 911, explains situation, says one aggressive move he's shooting, operator says "oh, that's so and so, has a mental issue, his parents and brother are looking for him, police are on their way". Man gets off bed slowly, not responding to dad at all, moves through the house. Sits down at breakfast table, in Dad's chair, across from mom (not funny but I can imagine conversation Moms trying to have with him, not having a clue what's going on, probably offered him something to eat and coffee). Man gets up, goes upstairs, sits in Dads office chair, then gets up and gets in big walk-in closet. 5 police cars show up, his parents show up, all at same time. They get the guy out of the house, back to his house. Dad was shook up, his 88 yr old heart didn't need that excitement, was telling me he almost took a guys life that really wasn't doing anything harmful. The police had Dad put his pistol up when they arrived.

Last edited: May 9, 2021
    barney, Drahts, bowhunter269 and 15 others like this.
  5. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    A long time ago there was a young guy who was an epileptic and this was before there were treatments and medications for it.
    When he got Drunk he would have a "Fit" and would lay down in the Roadway to get someone to take hom home.
    One night he got laid down on the main highway (Ky 461) on a curve.
    Yep. Someone ran over him and Killed him.....they never stopped and no one was ever charged. No one missed him.

In the early 80s I was a deputy dog for a few years.
    We got a call one night about a body in the roadway...as I rolled up I noticed his Head was GONE with a skid mark right thru where it had been. Rather a large splatter. Old man who had been messin with a 14 yr old girl had got Drunk, ran his car in the ditch, got out, staggered around and fell in the middle of the highway. Whump...
    Ain't saying anything else bout him; may be kinfolk on here.

barney, Dark Cloud, Nock and 4 others like this.
  6. predator1

predator1 12 pointer

Dec 25, 2008
    Glasgow,Ky
    Daggum fellas. Sounds like this kind of stuff happens way too often based on all the stories y’all are recanting. It’s bothered my 16yr old son more than me. He’s got his permit and wanted to drive yesterday morning. But he decided against driving in the dark right before we loaded up. All he’s talked about was if he’d been driving that he’d have probably hit him because he wouldn’t have reacted as fast as I did. Never thought when I shared this it would’ve led to hearing so much more.

7. predator1

predator1 12 pointer

Dec 25, 2008
    Glasgow,Ky
    Wonder if it was the real skinny woman I see all the time walking thru with the skunk looking hair?? Lol

8. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    Glad your dad’s ok @1wildcatfan and that he didn’t have to take any more action than he did. Sure could have been a lot worse for that man who came into the home. All these incidents seem to reflect issues relating to substance abuse and mental health issues that seem to be plaguing our county today.

Tankt likes this.
  9. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    Thanks. Had dinner with Mom & Dad a bit ago. He's still bothered by it. Said he doesn't have a lot of time left on this side of the grass but that would have bothered him every day. The fellow, early 20s, is autistic. The father hugged my Dad and thanked him for what didn't happen. Dad gave the guy an ear full.

jblack1, Southpaw, predator1 and 4 others like this.
  10. Trapper Delk

Trapper Delk 12 pointer

Feb 10, 2020
    Central Kentucky.
    Few years back, it was just at daybreak starting work on golf course one of guys was out picking up trash and I could see him headed back wide open, he was waving his arms and pointing back. I ask what he said someone has hit a guy on road and knocked him out to golf course, so I called 911 headed over there, that guy seen him wasn't going back no way to be fixed i got there guy was laying on his back one arm out other was under his side legs was as far apart as could be everything was wet because the fairways had ran water for 20 minutes as I started to talk to 911 operator I bent over just to see little better and that SOB eyes popped open he made some kinda grown/ growl , I can't post all the swear words but that woman on other end of line heard it all. I guess he had just passed out there, the other guy had drove within few feet stopped and holler at him seen way he was laying thought he was dead, he got up made it to road bout time cops showed up.. One ask where the dead guy was I pointed at him the other ask where's the one carped his pants ....... Wasn't damn funny!

jblack1, Drahts, redjackson and 7 others like this.
  11. 00noturkey

00noturkey 12 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    High Grove
    drunk!!, and didnt want to tangle with a rattlesnake, so they tangled with a train, instead.. it was south a ways from here and west..

Last edited: May 9, 2021
    RLWEBB likes this.
  12. redjackson

redjackson 8 pointer

Dec 4, 2010
    Barren County
    I would not doubt it lol

13. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    @1wildcatfan good your dad had the patience to how things progressed. You never know when a situation like that ends up with him pulling a gun out of his waistband and shooting everyone in the house! Glad to hear it all worked out. I think it would have shook most up for a bit. I'm sure someone may not have been as patient.

Feedman and 1wildcatfan like this.
  14. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Barren county
    Dang. What a mess.

00noturkey likes this.
  15. 00noturkey

00noturkey 12 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    High Grove
    Well, we lived on i one lane road for a while. at first it was rock then got blacktopped, a section at a time.. i'd say 1/4 of the houses had at least one or so kids that were messed up. i never thought about counting the parents, but that is so, also.. at least 1/8 maybe less, considering the kid ratio.. i know of at least two or so dads that had problems. maybe more. and a few moms.. no wonder the sheep are so easily led.
    my dad was one who wernt right.. i think more attention should be towards mental problems, an less should be, for politicians to care of.. some of them are mental also.. most... i wont say which party is the worst.,, that is obvious.. checks an balance's, should be observed..
    i also wont say that i was quite the norm, growing up., or fit into the program..
    taking guns away, while allowing criminals to get out of prison, so they can raise hell, only some can think thats OK. i aint one..
    this is nuts the way the gov is going., and some think it's OK.. rest their soul, they need the rest...its hard to deal with crazy,
    we had a crazy, out here that was putting up satellite,. he got to flipping out. i told him to go home, and quit his job. get away from the pressure. it aint worth it. [someone who had enough],
    guess he did. i hope he feels better now. stress, is a killer more ways than one.. it kills ya on the inside, an can lead to killing on the outside.. i had a boss once that drove me crazy. he did that to other's also. it's best to get away. when ya see the signs.
    dont say it cant happen to you. cause it does too many times. it creeps up on ya. a little at a time. sneaky aint it... some, got a way. a chip off your block till there aint nothing left. the marble crumbles., ya got to watch out for those types of people.. they are everywhere..
    so start looking, an pay attention. then ya see them. real people, an plastic people. or fake people. easy enough to tell the difference, till it aint....
    same with politics.. some put the life into ya, some take it away. vampires, in there own way.
    ya need more than a mirror to figure it out.