Peabody WMA Quail

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by JoeTal, Jan 2, 2013.

1. JoeTal

JoeTal 6 pointer

Apr 22, 2010
    Louisville
    Finally made it out to Peabody. We worked the Homestead North Unit.
    5 us of from the Kentuckiana NAVHDA group with 9 dogs worked over that property.
    We had;
    GSP's
    Wirehaired Pointing Griffon's
    Bracco Italiano's
    Braque Du Bourbonnais's

Alot of fun but alot of property to cover. Gotta spend a few hunting trips just to find good spots.

1 guy in our group found 3 covey and got 1 bird, they were in some crappy cover.
    He is a good shot and he had trouble making a connection. (his quote "I had to poke my gun through holes in the trees and briars just to get a shot off")

WP_20121231_004.JPG

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  2. Drifter

Drifter Fawn

May 9, 2017
    Fort Knox
    JoeTal

I am new to Kentucky and a NAVHDA member... I see this is an old post, do you guys still hunt out at Peabody? I am south of Louisville and will probably try to check it out after the season opens.

Luke

3. riverview

riverview 8 pointer

I hunt it a good bit, be happy to meet up sometime. I'm in NAVHDA also, although work keeps me from being very active.

4. Drifter

Drifter Fawn

May 9, 2017
    Fort Knox
    Would love to link up with you some time, I am the same, work keeps me busy... I will be gone every weekend from now through the weekend after the opener, but maybe after that we can link up.

5. riverview

riverview 8 pointer

6. riverview

riverview 8 pointer

Sounds good. We will be out west for 2 weeks starting the Sunday after thanksgiving. I work swing shift so my days off vary.

7. JoeTal

JoeTal 6 pointer

Apr 22, 2010
    Louisville
    sorry just saw the post reply, PM me

8. riverview

riverview 8 pointer

Hunted yesterday, moved 3 coveys and 2 singles in 4 hours.

quailgunner and bondhu like this.
  9. Drifter

Drifter Fawn

May 9, 2017
    Fort Knox
    That's a great day! I am out of town for work this week, but going to try to make it out there after Thanksgiving.

10. jacob22

jacob22 Fawn

Oct 30, 2012
    Awesome!!! I need some of that action in my life soon. Haha. Sounds like a good day