Peabody Quota Rabbit Hunts

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by TheVilleBeagler, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Any one apply for these hunts? Never been to Peabody before, I hope I get drawn:) Was wondering if anyone is familiar with the 3000 acre tract they have set aside for the rabbit and quail quota hunts. Just looking to strike up some information and conversation about these new opportunities from KFWDR

2. PhilpotHunter

PhilpotHunter 12 pointer

Nov 8, 2004
    Reynolds Station
    I didn't apply this year for it myself. I am waiting to hear how well it goes. Peabody has been open to rabbit hunters in the past, but it got a bad name because you had a lot of "noise" shooters hurting dogs, and so many people hunted it you had packs running into each other constantly, which can be frustrating and a little dangerous for the dogs. If all goes well this year and it has a positive feedback i will put in for it next year for sure.

3. kyquailhunter

kyquailhunter Fawn

Oct 5, 2008
    yes sir know all about peabody wma, do most of our hunting there, my son and i put in for the quail quota hunts, hope to get drawn, the quota hunt is going to be on homestead in ohio county.

4. Birdman

Birdman Cyber-Hunter

Feb 26, 2002
    Paintsville, KY, USA.
    When will the hunt take place and how look is season open there?

5. BIRDDOG18

BIRDDOG18 6 pointer

Dec 4, 2006
    Quail quota hunt

Anyone get drawn ,just my luck i didnt.

6. APS

APS Fawn

Quota hunt question....

I have never applied for or been on a Quota hunt. Are the Quota hunts on Peabody in areas that are closed to small game hunting the rest of the season? What is different in going to the quota hunt and just going down there and hunting on your own?

7. It is my understanding that the area for the quota hunts has been off limits for several years and that this is the first year to implement a quail and rabbitt hunt....thus, this area of Peabody is different from the general hunting area where anyone can hunt.

I knew of 7 different groups of 3 men that put in and only one of the groups got drawn...being my luck I wasn't in that group.