Peabody never been heading there now

smashdn

12 pointer
Nov 24, 2003
Palmyra, Kentucky
It's like when I go to McDonald's at 4 AM and they end up being closed. There's a McDonald's but at the same time, it's not even there.

No. Not even close. The doors to the Mickey D's ain't open for you to walk in and make your own McMuffin.

But the refuges (I still don't think it is accurate to call them that since now they aren't) are wide open to hunt as you please.

Bottom line, you don't know what you are talking about.

And moreover to the point of the thread you aren't just going to go into peabody at o'dark thirty and end up in a spot to kill birds and not risk getting yourself in a world of shizz be it from other hunters, meth heads, slurry pond mud, or killer phrag.

travis_duckhunter

10 pointer
Aug 16, 2007
Owensboro, KY
No. Not even close. The doors to the Mickey D's ain't open for you to walk in and make your own McMuffin.

But the refuges (I still don't think it is accurate to call them that since now they aren't) are wide open to hunt as you please.

And moreover to the point of the thread you aren't just going to go into peabody at o'dark thirty and end up in a spot to kill birds and not risk getting yourself in a world of shizz be it from other hunters, meth heads, slurry pond mud, or killer phrag.
That slurry mud bout got me years ago... I was up to my neck before they could get to me, scary stuff it is! Happened in one step too, solid to no bottom

hunt-4-life21

12 pointer
Sep 26, 2007
Butler Co.

It always freaked me out on Musky Lake in Ohio Co. the clarity and those huge loader tires sunk in that hole, especially at night. It looked like you would hit those tires every time, but in reality they are probably 20ft or deeper.

smashdn

12 pointer
Nov 24, 2003
Palmyra, Kentucky
It always freaked me out on Musky Lake in Ohio Co. the clarity and those huge loader tires sunk in that hole, especially at night. It looked like you would hit those tires every time, but in reality they are probably 20ft or deeper.

I stay out of Ohio co on account of the clan. I have an agreement with the clan in Muhlenberg county. I let them burn a cross in my yard ever so often and Janelle and the kids run around and act scared. In return they let me keep all the buffalos I can catch out the green. Mutual type of deal. Only issue arose when they dented up the pontiac. I didn't care for that much.

BTW - How'd you get on musky lake? I figured a Red S-10 woulda been blocking it up.

smashdn

12 pointer
Nov 24, 2003
Palmyra, Kentucky
Maybe he owns the red S10.

Nope. Not him. I know the guy that owns the Red S-10. He dated my third cousin for a while till she got knocked up by a mexican that had got himself lined up with a contractor doing drywall. The contractor somehows got hisself the deal for the new projects in town. Story was he bribed off the city manager somehow involving a deal on fiberglass extension ladders that he was getting for cost from some place around Minniapolis. Took him a three days to come back with a trailer load of those ladders. I suspect that they were factory seconds but have no way of knowing for sure.

Anyway Randy had a mean streak in him. He never beat Vanessa or I would have had to say something about it to him but he kept several coon dogs penned up in an old bluebird school bus down the hill below his house trailer. If he got into a bad batch of hootch the next morning one or all them coon dogs was apt to get the snot kicked out of them. I never much really cared what he did to them dogs, being coon dogs and all. Randy's dad passed when he was little and his momma did well as she could considering she had a wooden leg. She never did get over big Randall's death on account of how sudden and bizarre it was. He was a boilermaker. Moved down this way from up north after a slump in the economy some time back when the sausage factories weren't making souse like they used to. I never was real sure how them was linked but that was the story that was always told to me by Rita. Rita was a sweet lady. Didn't like mayonaise or any kind of condiments that were creamy. Randy always dipped his fries in ranch dressing but he ordered them without salt. I never was real sure why so I asked him one day. He said that since most places dumped the salt to the fries right out the grease it forced them into making fresh fries for him. For a man with only a seventh grade education I thought that was pretty dang slick. Reason Randy didn't finish school (apart from his daddy dieing from the snake bite at church) was he laid in cahoots with a Korean fellow he taught him kick boxing in trade for Randy making deliveries for him. The Korean feller was always very secretive about what it was that Randy was delivering. Randy had a fair amount of fear for the Korean feller on account of him knowing all that kick boxing. Randy told me that after he had learnt enough kickboxing and got a nuff size on his drifter type frame that he lost his fear for the Korean feller. He bidded his time before he opened up one of the packages and he was blown away by what he had been carting all across the hills of kentucky for the Korean feller. Somehow a guy named Bernhard Reynolds got word back to the Korean feller that a package had been opened. Naturally, Randy denied it when he was confronted. Turned out that was a big mistake. the Korean feller took less to beign lied to than the package being opened. He and Randy commenced to kickboxing in a bout that, according to Randy, lasted 7 hours before a truce was called by the Korean feller.

I'll have to finish this off later. I got a guy calling me about a farm in Carlisle county.

Last edited:

hunt-4-life21

12 pointer
Sep 26, 2007
Butler Co.
I stay out of Ohio co on account of the clan. I have an agreement with the clan in Muhlenberg county. I let them burn a cross in my yard ever so often and Janelle and the kids run around and act scared. In return they let me keep all the buffalos I can catch out the green. Mutual type of deal. Only issue arose when they dented up the pontiac. I didn't care for that much.

BTW - How'd you get on musky lake? I figured a Red S-10 woulda been blocking it up.

Chevy Silver-ado > S-10 :D

All joking aside, it's been quite a few years since I've even hunted Peabody.

Tyler Durden

Banned
Jan 14, 2014
WKY via TN
Wow, I drive thru this area (peabody wma) daily, and would have never dreamed it was such a hot bed for ducks. I will have to do some scouting ASAP.

Aug 25, 2013
Well I did sure see some shady things and people wile I was out there. I camped there someone decide to set up a target rage near where I was camping had to shoot back and tell them the couldn't shoot here told them I was going to call game warden didn't but I should of. They just went down the road a few miles but yeah there are ducks there. And I will be there this duck season when it slows on the big lakes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts