paylake

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by hoytman, Mar 23, 2009.

1. hoytman

hoytman 6 pointer

Jan 18, 2009
    off the beaten path
    what is a good paylake to fish?

2. BunnyBuster

BunnyBuster 10 pointer

Aug 21, 2005
    Garrison, KY
    I'd like to know of one in the Greenup County area. My boss is wanting some good channel cats for the table.

3. hoytman

hoytman 6 pointer

Jan 18, 2009
    off the beaten path
    i fish cedar hills and big cats alot i was just wondering if there are any more around

4. bowhunterky

bowhunterky Fawn

Mar 24, 2009
    hardin county
    benetts pay lake is a good one if you live around lousiville

5. hoytman

hoytman 6 pointer

Jan 18, 2009
    off the beaten path
    ive never been to benetts but i have been to childers in louisville

6. chucky

chucky 8 pointer

Dec 27, 2007
    lexington
    There Bills live fish farm. Its on the border of scott and fayette county. His front four lakes are channel cats and lake in back on top of the hill is his tourney lake. His tourney lake is only open fri 6:00 pm to sun 12 noon.
    Its twenty bucks for 24 hr ticket. Catch and release only. Top three biggest fish of the weekend wins 1,2,3 places. Good luck.

7. justwannafish

justwannafish 6 pointer

Mar 26, 2009
    louisville, ky
    There is allans lake in meade county, and Helen's Hideaway in Louisville. Both are great lakes. Helen's has two lakes, both fairly small and easy to fish, but i prefer Allans. It is bigger and the fish seem to school up better there.

8. DT28

DT28 6 pointer

Mar 1, 2009
    Fairdale, KY

We did real well there this weekend;)

9. YAY!! gotta check Allens pay lake!! its just up the road from me!! how much is it there???

10. Scott7m

Scott7m 12 pointer

Dec 20, 2007
    Carter City, Ky
    go to lakewood lake...... it's the best one i know of around here. there are several though. lake wood lake is out past flying j a few miles in boyd co...

in carter co you have tygart valley.. it's ok... 10 minutes from the house but i don't like it much.
    you got hidden valley, not sure if it's open.. it's in greenup/boyd not sure which.. don't like it either lol..

hall ridge in boyd co used to be awesome! not sure if it's open yet or not.... and across the river in ohio is sky lake

11. BunnyBuster

BunnyBuster 10 pointer

Aug 21, 2005
    Garrison, KY