Pawn shop bargin today

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by duckslayer870, Sep 27, 2012.

1. I scored a Harley leather jacket today at a local pawn shop for a hundred dollar bill. i saw that exact same jacket at the stealership for 350 last fall. it was marked 169.99 and the girl working noticed me giving the once over and told me she would cut me a deal. I thought maybe she might knock off 20 or 30 but not 69.99. The jacket looks brand new and still had the spare buttons and zipper pulls in the pocket. it needs to air out a little since the previous owner was a smoker but its not bad. I know they didnt have much more than 50 in it and they probably doubled up, but Im happy and they sold something.

2. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    Good deal. I never can find a deal in our local pawn shops. I think they watch to much TV and think they can get those "Hollywood" prices from the TV shows. I see stuff in them priced as high as a brand new item and they don't seem to want to deal.

3. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    I've gone into several looking at guns and have yet to find one priced at even what I'd call fair. I've seen several priced at more than they'd cost to buy brand new. And it seems that most of what they have are NEF single shot shotguns that usually have some rust on them. These are guns that go for about $80 at Walmart new and they want $75 for them used. I can't imagine they gave anyone more than about $20 in on pawn or even a direct sell.

4. patiodaddy

patiodaddy 10 pointer

Good for you. I have to agree with ptbrauch, the guns are way overpriced as well as the Bows. Since all of the Reality Pawn shows have become hot you can't hardly find what I would call a good deal anymore.

5. dxtsniper

dxtsniper 12 pointer

Nov 7, 2009
    Turn around!
    Glad to hear it. I bought an ex girlfriend a harley racing leather jacket from the early 70's at one pawnshop a few years back. Paid about what you did and later found out it was worth quite a bit more. I still talk to her from time to time and she still has that jacket and loves it.

6. thunderchicken09

thunderchicken09 10 pointer

Feb 4, 2008
    It's probably stolen like most stuff in pawn shops.

7. AteUp

AteUp 12 pointer

Mar 14, 2004
    Luavul
    Since you can't wash a leather jacket, I think that would kind of gross me out to wear it.

8. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    I drop mine off at the cleaners to be sent off......Don't know the process, but when I get it back , it is clean.

9. AteUp

AteUp 12 pointer

Mar 14, 2004
    Luavul
    Makes sense. I would definitely have to do that with a used one fo sho.

10. Its going to the cleaners for sure. Im not even sure it had even been worn all that much..