Past week or so in review

teamoutlaw

8 pointer
Sep 20, 2009
well dec 31st was my bday so I decided to take the day off since i was going out and then took the 1st off so i could recover haha.

Sunday we went to minor lake in ballard and set up one of the blinds for a morning hunt. managed 9 mallards and a blue wing teal. was a pretty good hunt. lost 1 duck out in the buck brush and we were able to let mason shoot the blue wing on the water and the 8yr old boy smoked it lol. seen alot of ducks and geese they just wouldnt leave grassy lakes corn field hardly.

put out 8 mojos, 36 goose floaters, 200 duck decoys.

gator in the blind
x1.jpg

my food and gear stash
x2.jpg

far left of blind
x6.jpg

x3.jpg

x4.jpg

other end of blind.
x5.jpg

teamoutlaw

8 pointer
Sep 20, 2009
decided to take off and get some stuff done around the house monday and tuesday and was back at it wed.

managed 10 ducks wed and ended up loosing a few which really ticks me off lol.

x7.jpg

thursday hunted a different spot and called in 2 single geese each circled 4 or 5 times with no goose decoys and finally got em to give up.
x8.jpg

Friday managed 4 mallards and didnt get a pick, but did get gator bored chewing on a cypress knee
x9.jpg

x10.jpg

saturday decided to set up on the geese that i found and managed 17 geese and 3 mallards but put in alot of damn work and calling to get em in within range should of had more ducks and geese but the wind killed us.
x12.jpg

teamoutlaw

8 pointer
Sep 20, 2009
sunday got set up with 1k rags and a few mojos. and full body mallards. and finally got on the x. had 4 good duck and goose callers and was able to get em in there. shot every shell we had by 830am. had wave after wave coming in our face. managed 51 geese between 4 of us and missed the only 2 ducks we had come in.
also so added info for u internet scouters.
x14.jpg

wall hanger speck
x15.jpg

x18.jpg

today monday. decided to sleep in because boats down and didnt have ne one to go.

smashdn

12 pointer
Nov 24, 2003
Palmyra, Kentucky
The snows are unreal in Ballard Co right now. They just kept coming into the refuge yesterday. As we were drving out we stopped at a field they were feeding in. The sky was just black with geese above that small field.

turkeyfan

12 pointer
Dec 1, 2004
Richmond, KY
Dang man you are putting a whooping on them birds. What are your totals for the year if you dont care to tell. Thanks for sharing you hunts with us.

artcarney_agr

Banned
Oct 9, 2007
The snows are unreal in Ballard Co right now. They just kept coming into the refuge yesterday. As we were drving out we stopped at a field they were feeding in. The sky was just black with geese above that small field.

I was down around Tiptonville TN yesterday, and all along the Mississippi River up into Hickman there were nothing but snows in the sky all day. It was unbelievable. Most were headed north, so I guess we saw the same train of geese. Very amazing to watch.

teamoutlaw

8 pointer
Sep 20, 2009
a good canada goose hunt would really cap my season off. havent been able to kill more then 2 in one day

Latest posts