Parker crank cocking device?

Discussion in 'Crossbow Forum' started by hootowlman, Dec 9, 2019.

1. hootowlman

hootowlman 8 pointer

Feb 18, 2007
    So forever ago I bought a Parker Tornado. Well now I’m to the point my only option is back surgery. I haven’t been hunting because I can’t get my bow loaded. My ? Is being as Parker went out of business. Does anyone know where I can get one of the Parker sidewinder crank cockers that’s not $200? Or is there another crank cocker that will work with this crossbow? Thanks for the help.

2. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    Did ya google it?

3. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Not sure about the crank but you can still buy the Parker Roller Cocker and it really takes a load off. Owned and used a Parker for years before selling back in the summer.

4. chadwimc

chadwimc 12 pointer

Oct 29, 2004
    Earth
    I had to buy a crank for my Killer Instinct due to my lower back. 185 lbs just isn't good for a bulging disc. While looking, I saw generic crossbow cranks for sale at Walmart. Get online and check if they would work for you.

5. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    I was thinking this when my 77 year old dad just bought a Killer Instinct last week but he swears it pulls easy. He says it’s only difficult about halfway then the cams roll over and says he isn’t pulling 30 lbs? He’s a pretty tough old coot but I worry about him pulling, lifting, tugging like that at his age.

6. chadwimc

chadwimc 12 pointer

Oct 29, 2004
    Earth
    He's a better man than I am. I couldn't keep a grip on the string because of the narrow span. It would pinch my fingers long before I got to full draw. The rope cocker was a lot better, but still... A bulging disc... Pictured is the best hunnert bucks I've spent in quite a while.
    crossbow1.jpg

7. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    I like that! One of the reasons I bought a Mission is that it has a glide on it that really takes a lot of the pulling pressure off. Reminded me a lot of my Parker with the roller cocker I sold. It pulls pretty easy.