Panther Bait, Cougar sighting - Mtn Lion on the Loose in Central KY

Have you ever seen a Mtn Lion in Kentucky?

• Yes

Votes: 20 21.1%
  • No

Votes: 57 60.0%
  • Mtn Lions do not exist in KY

Votes: 18 18.9%

• Total voters

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG
None of those are around where I hunt so that answer would be no. Also, I doubt most cameras are pointing at the ground. We get coyotes, bear and deer pics all the time. Coon and bobcats seem to show up on camera as well. So how does a mtn lion (if they existed in KY) miraculously skip every camera in the woods?
You point your cameras up in the air, so the ground isn't in the picture?

EdLongshanks

12 pointer
Nov 16, 2013
Northern Kentucky
Our farm and the surrounding farms have a very healthy population of both coyotes and bobcats. We rarely get pictures of them though. You know how we know they are there? We see them all the fricking time. Why don’t we constantly get pictures of them though? Seems odd doesn’t it. Also, how many more bobcats and coyotes are there than a few spread out mt cats? I would wager there are an astronomically larger number of coyotes and bobcats.

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG
None of those are around where I hunt so that answer would be no. Also, I doubt most cameras are pointing at the ground. We get coyotes, bear and deer pics all the time. Coon and bobcats seem to show up on camera as well. So how does a mtn lion (if they existed in KY) miraculously skip every camera in the woods?
I see on your profile you're from Elsmere Ky. I'm pretty certain that all of those, except maybe armadillos, are residents of Kenton county. Do you hunt somewhere else?

Fat_Matt

6 pointer
Dec 28, 2011
Elsmere, KY
Good news Fat, maybe no rattlesnakes in your neck of the woods. But copperheads, and a whole bunch of different turtle species show up there. I didn't bother with the mammals, as I know for sure they are there. How have you not had any of these on your trail cameras?
https://www.inaturalist.org/places/78#taxon=26036

copperheads are possible, never seen one. And there are turtles around here. But rattlers and armadillos are definitely not.

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG
Owen County. I guess maybe flying squirrels and turtles are there. Never seen one though.
Oh, same critters there as Kenton county. Now have you not gotten any pictures of them? Thousands of turtles, copperheads, otters, flying squirrels. How in the hell have you not gotten any pics of them, when we know there are tons of them there?

aaronc

12 pointer
Jul 21, 2009
Leitchfield
In the overall skeem of things.....trail cams are probably relevant to a needle in a haystack. The odds of an occasional 150 cat deciding to pull a selfie on one are low IMHO.

Fat_Matt

6 pointer
Dec 28, 2011
Elsmere, KY
Oh, same critters there as Kenton county. Now have you not gotten any pictures of them? Thousands of turtles, copperheads, otters, flying squirrels. How in the hell have you not gotten any pics of them, when we know there are tons of them there?

my camera don’t point at the ground, where said animals would be. Otters need water, right? A stream? Don’t have one by the farm I hunt.

Latest posts