Panama City Stingray Trip

Discussion in 'Bowfishing' started by hunt-4-life21, Oct 9, 2014.

1. hunt-4-life21

hunt-4-life21 12 pointer

Sep 26, 2007
    Butler Co.
    Ever since I started bowfishing a few years back I always wanted to shoot a ray. Back in the summer, a cousin of mine asked us to go to Cape San Blas, FL over fall break. Well we ended up going and I began researching a guide to get us on some rays. We booked a trip with Jeff White at Fishhunter Enterprises. The guy had a great setup, 14 50watt LEDs running off a Honda eu2000i. Water is extremely clear down there. The wind made it difficult to see at times but man we had a blast. Those little suckers can fight and we didn't even shoot a big one. Pound for pound, they pull just as hard as a big head. I would highly recommend trying to book with a guide when going to the beach. He told us full moon is really the best times to go. We missed it by two days! But still shot quite a few!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    Butler co
    That's cool. Congrats. We were supposed to go to PCB this week but cancelled. I did some looking on a guide for that if we had went.

3. westkybanded

westkybanded 12 pointer

Feb 23, 2004
    Murray, Kentucky, USA.
    Any of you that vacation further West in Pensacola, Perdido, or Orange Beach, I can't say enough good things about Liquid Trails charters. Great time!! He'll put you on the big rays, and big numbers too!

4. hunt-4-life21

hunt-4-life21 12 pointer

Sep 26, 2007
    Butler Co.
    I have heard nothing but good things about Liquid Trails. I follow both on FB and they shoot some big rays and lots of them. If we had went to Destin or Gulf Shores, I would've went with him but Fishhunter was closer to the Panama area. I can't wait to go back.