Painting a 4-Wheeler?

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by P. Beyer, Feb 10, 2003.

1. P. Beyer

P. Beyer 12 pointer

Dec 12, 2001
    Ballard Co
    Ok, How do I? It's red right now. What is the recommended
    method for getting it to look like a hunting rig, and not stand out like a sore thumb?[:eek:)]

"It makes no difference whether I got anything; it has to do with how the day was spent"

Fred Bear

2. P. Beyer

P. Beyer 12 pointer

Dec 12, 2001
    Ballard Co
    I've thought about that mesh camo fabric by the foot and just covering it up? Anyway. Get those ideas coming! Thanks.

"It makes no difference whether I got anything; it has to do with how the day was spent"

Fred Bear

3. RTC

RTC 6 pointer

Dec 31, 2002
    I love red! red 4 wheeler,red truck, red Blazer, red Corvette, red tractor, red motorcycle...geesh now I think something is wrong with me!..lol But seriuosly, camo netting sounds the easiest and just as effective, painting can be complicated especially the plastic, plus the paint will hurt the resale value. New green plastic would cost a war pension but then you would have to paint the metal parts. Realtree's adhesive camo might be an idea, however I have no idea what it would cost. If I were doing it...I would just do the netting...but thats just me.[:D]

4. taggedout

taggedout 6 pointer

Dec 17, 2001
    ky, USA.
    P.B. ckeck out www.dinniskirk.com or call (800) 328-9280 and order thier free catalog to find camo tape kits and paints. The catalog is about 3/4" thick and has about any thing you can dream up for an ATV. Hope it helps.[;)]

Grummybear

5. ez

ez 8 pointer

since your not going to be hunting from it; leave it red so when your done hunting you can find it back more easily.........unless you're color blind and then any color will do.........as long as it runs and gets you to the place you want to go..........or a few different color cans of bow dull.............ez

6. handgunner

handgunner Cyber-Hunter

Nov 13, 2002
    Lexington, Ky, USA.
    Just ride like theres no tommorrow in mud.

7. P. Beyer

P. Beyer 12 pointer

Dec 12, 2001
    Ballard Co
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by handgunner</i>
    <br />Just ride like theres no tommorrow in mud.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

[:D] I like that idea! I think the mesh cloth/netting is the way to go now. Thanks!

P. Beyer

Fred Bear

8. MrBowhunter

MrBowhunter 8 pointer

Dec 11, 2001
    Perryopolis, PA, USA.
    Don't waste time with paint and such, go to

www.camoclad.com

they have several different camo patterns on an adhesive cloth to fit any 4 wheeler on the market.

Kenny

9. P. Beyer

P. Beyer 12 pointer

Dec 12, 2001
    Ballard Co
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by taggedout</i>
    <br />P.B. ckeck out www.dinniskirk.com or call (800) 328-9280 and order thier free catalog to find camo tape kits and paints. The catalog is about 3/4" thick and has about any thing you can dream up for an ATV. Hope it helps.[;)]

Grummybear
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Taggedout, I followed your link and got a financial/ investment type site[?]

Fred Bear

10. taggedout

taggedout 6 pointer

Dec 17, 2001
    ky, USA.
    Call that 800 number P.Beyer and I'll double check my catalog for that link tonight. I got the same thing you got when I pulled it up here too? It's a good to have for parts if need be. [xx(]

Grummybear

11. Why paint your truck? Animals see in hues of grays and blues and for the most part are not scared of your truck. Where I'm from we can call in predators from our trucks, they don't seem to be to scared unless they see us move. How many times have you seen a deer or antelope stand there and look at you in your truck? This camo craz is nothing but a huge sales pitch. If you could look in the B&C records and ask how many of them folks had on camo, I'd bet you'd be real suprised. Hey this is only what I think of camo, if you like it go for it and I hope it helps. Good Hunting