Ozone generators

Jerod

10 pointer
Oct 30, 2008
KY
anyone use the portable ozone in their totes or cigarette lighter plug on the way to a hunt? I've always played the wind but there's one spot that I get bad wind swirls. No matter how scent free I get, there's always that one blower

bow_hunter_42452

6 pointer
Jun 3, 2012
I have the scent crusher closet and I absolutely love it. I also have one that I put in my truck to decent my truck and its great also. Use all that with the ozonics and its a great combo. I still play the wind but I have that extra confidence if something comes in down wind.

1wildcatfan

12 pointer
Jan 2, 2009
raised n Bullitt Co.
i need to come up with something and pay a few of the TV prostaffers to hawk it for me. have some type of guarantee with it. evidently all the bucks killed years ago was just dumb luck and a fluke. heaven knows you can't kill a deer these days unless you have the gizmos and gadgets that are advertised on the hunting shows.

RackedUP

8 pointer
Oct 30, 2013
i need to come up with something and pay a few of the TV prostaffers to hawk it for me. have some type of guarantee with it. evidently all the bucks killed years ago was just dumb luck and a fluke. heaven knows you can't kill a deer these days unless you have the gizmos and gadgets that are advertised on the hunting shows.

People have been traveling since the beginning of time, does that mean on your next family vacation y'all are gonna take off on foot because people did it that way before cars?

KY Swamp Beagler

12 pointer
Feb 20, 2011
the swamps of western KY
I'd be concerned with the health risks associated with using an ozone machine. We have them at work and you are supposed to turn them on and leave the area.

So, I definitely don't want to be sitting in stand or blind with one right next to me.

BucksandFish

6 pointer
Oct 30, 2012
E-town
I took the Scent Crusher idea plus the same concept I saw on Youtube and built my own closet out of plywood. I can put all of my hunting clothes in it at once along with my guns and bow. I then ordered a ozone generator online for $59. I will absolutely tell you that there is not any smell to my clothes or anything I take out of this cabinet. I have not had one deer blow at me and I hunt down in a long steep hollow where the wind is always swirling and deer come from every direction. The jury is still out and will be until I see something standing down wind for a period of time that there is no question that it is getting a good nose full of wind coming straight from me. So the tight wad haters can moan all they want to but less scent works. Do I still shower and hunt the wind in that hollow the best I can yes but less scent is rule number 1 with white tails and we all know it. Using it this way the machine is not close to me and I'm not inhaling anything and it's not costing me $400 plus extra battery cost.

KY Swamp Beagler

12 pointer
Feb 20, 2011
the swamps of western KY
I took the Scent Crusher idea plus the same concept I saw on Youtube and built my own closet out of plywood. I can put all of my hunting clothes in it at once along with my guns and bow. I then ordered a ozone generator online for $59. I will absolutely tell you that there is not any smell to my clothes or anything I take out of this cabinet. I have not had one deer blow at me and I hunt down in a long steep hollow where the wind is always swirling and deer come from every direction. The jury is still out and will be until I see something standing down wind for a period of time that there is no question that it is getting a good nose full of wind coming straight from me. So the tight wad haters can moan all they want to but less scent works. Do I still shower and hunt the wind in that hollow the best I can yes but less scent is rule number 1 with white tails and we all know it. Using it this way the machine is not close to me and I'm not inhaling anything and it's not costing me $400 plus extra battery cost.

No one is disputing that less scent works when deer hunting. Everyone has their own best idea for how to eliminate as much scent as possible. Do what works best for you. However, the idea of being "scent-free" is a fantasy.

JDMiller

12 pointer
Jun 12, 2005
" Between the Rivers "
However, the idea of being "scent-free" is a fantasy.

Agree 100%

Which everyone has their own ritual ...unscented soaps , detergents and sprays. Absolutely nothing wrong in reasonable care of trying to minimize odors & scents.

But it is impossible to be scent free.. no matter what you do or buy.

From our bodies to our breath we can't eliminate our own scent completely. We can take extreme care of our clothing but the moment we put it on we're exposing it to odors...from home, truck even if you change clothes on the spot it's picking up scents that can be detected. Our guns, bows,packs, knives, lights.... anything & everything we carry with us has and emits odors and smells.

Which again I'm not against taking reasonable care trying to minimize scents & odors. But ..no one will ever buy anything that will make you completely or even remotely scent free.... it's impossible.

Which just my opinion but any testimonial on how well these gimmicks work .. chances are the wind, air currents or thermals were a situation in that given time & moment...you could use absolutely nothing or spend $200 on a gimmick and the results would be the same.

As such ....along with reasonable care ..the best scent control we can use is absolutely free... play the wind. Sometimes it works in your favor.. sometimes it don't and you get busted.

Man has been putting critters on the ground since the beginning of time doing this and no human will ever buy, build or mass produce anything that will control all the variables with hunting... especially odors & scents.

ptbrauch

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2004
The OC
... to our breath we can't eliminate our own scent completely.

That's what gumoflage is for, right?

When did we go from trying to make our clothes smell like the outdoors (putting them in bags with leaves and pine branches) to trying to eliminate the scent altogether?

Latest posts