Owingsville Amish farmer in jail for selling salves, drug dealer

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by richief, Mar 5, 2017.

1. bigbonner

bigbonner 12 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    He was warned the first time to comply with the FDA and he changed his labeling . But he gave out pamphlets advertising other than the label .
    FDA shows up for inspection and they were met with guns and forced to leave .
    He had also tampered with a witness .
    I am no fan at all of the Amish . People in Bath County eat the Amish up . They think they are so honest . They are wrong .

Here is a youtube video from a man in Florida that sell all kinds of ailment cures and in my opinion is no different than the Amish sell saves .He has several video's on youtube . Some may be true but who knows , It may be just to talk you out of your money

2. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    I think the people in Bath co. like the Girod family. I've not came across many that like Sam, though. Most say he comes across as arrogant.

3. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Lol. Yes, had to do a double take.

4. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    Yes. LOL

barney likes this.
  5. Tim T

Tim T 12 pointer

Mar 29, 2007
    Shepherdsville
  6. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    A lot of the media outlets are portraying him as the victim. Like I said before Ill be the first to say that I should be able to buy homemade cheese and raw milk if I want to. Im a big boy and if I get stomach larva then its on me.
    That said he was way out in the wrong with what he was doing and he had several chances to make it right before this happened.

EC and barney like this.
  7. predator1

predator1 12 pointer

Dec 25, 2008
    Glasgow,Ky
    Agreed. But I do think the punishment is a bit harsh. Especially considering the way drunk drivers get off for killing people or causing accidents. I'm certain things like that are far more dangerous than any salve he concocted.

KYBOY and barney like this.
  8. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    It's a topical ointment for God's sake. As long as it does not contain a controlled substance...buyer beware. If you use such a salve for cancer treatment (your an idiot) and it doesn't work, sue him but other than that the government has no business getting involved. We have allowed this behemoth government to continually over step it's bounds and regulate every aspect of our lives and it's truly sad.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
    Powerstro284 and barney like this.
  9. KYT

KYT 8 pointer

May 3, 2008
    Eastern Ky.
    I don't know any Amish. But I would bet that part of their pacifist ideology involves obeying the law. What this guy did was disobey the law and try to excuse it by saying he didn't recognize U.S. law as pertaining to him. Just like when you are in court and the judge says sit down or you will be held in contempt...and you don't sit down...and you wind up sitting in jail. The judge didn't do it to you. YOU did it to yourself. Set up a showdown with a federal judge and you better bring your toothbrush.
    Saying you are a gentle farmer so you don't have to obey the law like everyone else-- doesn't work. He is a U.S. citizen and the multiple attempts to convince him to obey the law did not work. No Judge I ever saw would ever say "well, OK, since you don't like that law we'll just skip it for you." Never happen.

10. Marsh CallUser

Marsh CallUser 12 pointer

May 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY
    How thick is the Amish Mafia in these parts?

bondhu likes this.
  11. bondhu

bondhu 12 pointer

Jul 3, 2015
    Battle Run
    They are thick let me tell ya.
    They have the donut and turnover business cornered. :)

barney and Marsh CallUser like this.
  12. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Lebanon Levi needs to come to town an straighten things out

13. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    Oh I agree! Hes been made an example of.. You would not believe the people I saw over the years in prison get less for much,much worse crimes..This ol' boy pushed the wrong buttons with the wrong people and he got a case of "Ill show his arse" in the sentencing. I think it was overly harsh too..

predator1 likes this.