Outside dog

Stone Branch

10 pointer
Jun 27, 2019
Lewis county, KY
I made ribs in the crock pot today and had a leftover bowl of taco meat in the fridge and dumped it in the juices from the ribs and gave it to him for supper. It was still steaming outside. I figure that must’ve put him to sleep after that because I never heard a peep out of him and he’s been in his dog house ever since.

Check and make sure he isn't dead of pancreatitis.

G

120+

12 pointer
Aug 22, 2006
You can't get there from here.
View attachment 96425 View attachment 96426

Do not put bubble wrap in there. Especially not somewhere he can eat it. that is dangerous for the dog. Straw inside his box. You could buy a plastic kennel and a insulated cover for it, put straw in the bottom and he'll be fine. Shut him in at night and if cold zip the flap shut. When you open him up in the morning you'll feel the heat roll out of it. Keep it on your porch or in the barn. Mine are a bit spoiled!
Looks like dog Hilton.

bird whisperer

12 pointer
Aug 16, 2012
Hog Town USA
This guy makes dog houses out of the z lock insulated panels. I then took a 1x1 and two pieces of outdoor carpet and placed the 1x1 between the two pieces of outdoor carpet and screwed it to the inside of the house to make a door flap. They stay toasty while in the house. In the spring I just raise the roof and fold the carpet up and let the roof hold it up.

EF4A8AB6-B50B-411C-8F4F-F31544B59EA3.jpeg

Stone Branch

10 pointer
Jun 27, 2019
Lewis county, KY
When you have a lady veterinarian for a loved one you hear about this stuff. Recently a lady brought a dog that she gave a ham bone to into the facility where it died. It was a schnauzer, and they are particularly susceptible.

G