Outdoor Life has named Kentucky the No. 1 trophy buck state

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by DH13, May 23, 2013.

1. turk2di

turk2di Cyber-Hunter

Feb 25, 2003
    evansville, ind
    Yea...not a ranking that i am happy with...

2. GoBlue82

GoBlue82 6 pointer

Feb 6, 2013
    Boone Co.
    One of the things that I genuinely love about Kentucky: we all know the Commonwealth is the best little patch of dirt in the world, we just really don't want the rest of the world to know. My wife's family is all from Michigan and every time they come down here they all talk about how beautiful and amazing Kentucky is and I always make them promise to not tell anyone when they get home.

Just let the shoeless, toothless, almost-as-bad-as-Tennessee stereotype stay alive so the out-of-staters will stay that way and leave the trophies for us. Hee hee.

3. Fence post

Fence post Spike

Apr 7, 2013
    The secrets been out for several years. Greg Ritz and the old TC lease property brought more out of state hunters than any thing.

4. ng270

ng270 6 pointer

Jan 12, 2005
    Central PA
    Definitely not a secret to the "serious" hunters up here in PA. I'm kinda hoping KYDFWR doesn't jack up the NR cost yet; I'm already in "donating to the elk, fish, . . . . and not killing anything" category. :eek-new:

5. buckfever

buckfever 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2002
    Harrods Creek Ky, USA.
    Every single one of my old girlfriends were also shocked at Kentucky's beauty. In college, I dated a girl that called Park Avenue in New York City home. When she came to visit Kentucky for the first time, she was floored. She couldn't believe how wrong her preconceived notions were. Same with old girlfriends from California and Chicago. They both were extremely pleasantly surprised with their Kentucky visit, and said that the Bluegrass State "wasn't anything like what they were expecting."

Of course, I didn't expose those gals to the degenerate Eastern Kentucky hillbillies or gun-toting, mullet-wearing, rednecked Kyhunting types, so the picture of Ky I painted for them was a little incomplete, but they all liked Kentucky very much otherwise. :)

6. ribsplitter

ribsplitter Cyber-Hunter

Jan 19, 2004
    Greenup, ky, USA.
    Outdoor life = a bunch of tools. No idea why anyone would believe anything they read in that rag anyhow.

7. rather-b-huntn

rather-b-huntn 10 pointer

Whatch yur mowuth boy.....Dontya go talkn bout Momma that way....(turn head and spit)

Last edited: May 24, 2013
  8. ky.longbeard

ky.longbeard 10 pointer

May 15, 2010
    My feelings ........Exactly !

9. Tha' Hat

Tha' Hat 10 pointer

Oct 3, 2005
    The Island
    I agree. They ought to get some Kyhunting members to write for them and tell the dang truth!

10. Cornpile

Cornpile 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2006
    Kornfield County,KY
    I don't know where Outdoor life came up with that idea.Heck, Ive hunted here for years and never seen anything bigger than
    a 110 " eight point.

11. ky.longbeard

ky.longbeard 10 pointer

May 15, 2010
    Compared to Southern Illinois,Iowa and Indiana........We are sucking hind tit. Do not believe a thing Outdoor Life says......that's why I canceled with them several years ago.

12. pentail

pentail Bacon Staff Member

Sep 25, 2002
    Savoring the smoke

lol, Kyhunting members better not get on there and preach the gospel of KY, Land of Giants behind every tree. I personally think someone should write up a piece about how awesome the deer hunting is in Michigan, particularly around Darren Warner's house.

13. arrowflinger

arrowflinger 6 pointer

Jun 6, 2009
    Buck, While I certainly agree with their conclusions I have to question how three deaf and blind young lady's were able to form such an opinion about our States beauty??

14. carter county cuckler

carter county cuckler 10 pointer

Nov 25, 2009
    Hitchins,Ky
    Its probably a good thing you didn't bring her to Eastern Ky or you would have probably left with her throwing rocks at ya lol. Ugly mountain views, red neck toys and Joe Dirt Hair cuts would have been to much for her to resist![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. nwest

nwest 12 pointer

Bwaaaaaaaaaaa