Out of towner-could use some help

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by Sean Lowe, Nov 7, 2019.

1. jlnft

jlnft Spike

Feb 22, 2005
    Fort Thomas, KY
    I live in Fort Thomas. Definitely no public hunting. Like mentioned above, in December there is a bow hunt....... you have to have 3 acres of property(not many of those) and you cannot fire a projectile within 200' of a building. My guess is, there's probably 10 places in the city you could safely hunt.

Sean Lowe likes this.
  2. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    I'm guessing someone is going to be getting some very expensive hunting in ky lessons without permission!

3. Sean Lowe

Sean Lowe Fawn

Nov 6, 2019
    Georgia
    I’m guessing this is toward me? I am just looking for help in avoiding this. I am primarily looking for public options, I’ve read the regs, I’ve measured the travelled times, I’ve signed up on this board. Cmon man
    I really appreciate all the reccs so far and if anyone finds their way to GA I’ll be sure to return the favor

4. KYH5N1

KYH5N1 10 pointer

Good luck to you fellers. Be safe, courteous, and drive a relatives vehicle with KY plates. Lol. People 'round these parts don't take well to deer hunters from GA. Don't take it personally.

Sean Lowe likes this.
  5. Sean Lowe

Sean Lowe Fawn

Nov 6, 2019
    Georgia
    Understood:) thanks for the tip

6. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    Sorry about the man at the counter. He is a moron for mentioning that. Take ED up on his offer i dont think he hunts public anymore after securing private land so offering you his old spots isnt a big deal.

7. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    Gate-Lloyd is bow only except for the late muzzleloader season. Used to hunt a lot there. Walk a solid 20-25 minutes from the parking lot before you cut off. Even then, expect other people/stands to be present

8. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    No trying to be rude but out of state tags ain't cheap, and places to rifle hunt in northern open to the public is impossible!
    The a guy tells you about Fort Thomas it all has the making of a expensive lesson!
    If you want to gun hunt on public land Daniel Boone Forest is your best bet,
    I wish you luck but your going to have to drive to find a spot big enough to get some good hunting in.

carnivore likes this.
  9. Sean Lowe

Sean Lowe Fawn

Nov 6, 2019
    Georgia
    No hard feelings, you’re right. We got bows too. So there’s some options out there. I appreciate your help.