Out of Stater's GOT SOME QUESTONS!!!

jbhunter

6 pointer
Jan 3, 2006
You have to submit an application to get drew for a quota hunt.....but that is in the summer. There are some decent public places here in KY but they are usually crowded as all get out.

RutNBuck

12 pointer
Dec 10, 2001
Northern Ky
I just thought of something do we have "NO HUNTING " signs for mexicans

(or how the heck would you say no trespassing / no hunting in spanish)

in my county i think they out number the actual residents

JLWHUNTS

Spike
Sep 6, 2009
You have to submit an application to get drew for a quota hunt.....but that is in the summer. There are some decent public places here in KY but they are usually crowded as all get out.

Call in for Quota Hunts ( Changed last few years ). The time is now, you can call in the entire month of September.

CSS archer

BBBC Members
Dec 13, 2001
Central KY
The statewide deer tag is good for two antlerless or one antlered and one antlerless. A button buck (buck fawn) is considered antlerless. If you want to buy more bonus antlerless tags you may, and they can be used without having to fill the statewide tags first (which must be purchased to be a legal deer hunter). The bonus antlerless is 2 tags per purchase.

RackAholic

8 pointer
Oct 26, 2005
Up in tree or in a boat
If you do not know anyone in Hart County it is going to be hard for you to hunt there because you will need permission to hunt private land. I would recommend public hunting ground. I would recommend peabody wma. It is a large public hunting ground. I myself have never deer hunted there but I have rabbit hunted and fished there. If things haven't changed in the last few years all you have to do is buy a permit. It used to be like $10 for ky resident hunters and I am not sure if it is more for non resident. You would probably want to stay in central city, ky. or greenville, ky. (both are small towns but are very close to peabody.) When you purchase your hunting license there is an option to buy the permit. Peabody is in Muhlenburg and Ohio counties which are both known counties for big bucks. This is just an option if you can't get permission.

Latest posts