Out of state bowhunt checklist

Ash12

10 pointer
Oct 21, 2007
You're lisense and tags and a headlamp with extra batteries. Is your knife/knifes sharpened up and ready to go? Reflective tap to use when blood trailing? Backpack with snacks? A good book for long sits?

BowOnly

8 pointer
Mar 6, 2008
Havalon for caping and meat/hack saw for removing skull cap. Can't bring back any spine or brain matter.

1wildcatfan

12 pointer
Jan 2, 2009
raised n Bullitt Co.
- rainsuit
- warm weather clothes
- cold weather clothes
- thermacell
- heat packs
- backup bow if you have one
- extra release
- headlamp, batteries
- rangefinder
- binos
- safety harness
- pull rope for bow
- seat cushion
- day pack
- screw in hangers
- bow hanger
- GPS
- wind indicator
- extra batteries for everything
- water bottle
- TP/baby wipes
- scent free spray
- knife
- sharpener
- pen
- electrical tape

Last edited:

Joe Bryan

8 pointer
Jul 4, 2006
Nelson County
From my experience with Iowa, a Loc-on with sticks is a must, I went 2 years ago and lots of trees were not climber friendly. I was able to make do but definitely take a loc-on for another option... ground blind as well! Good luck!!! Your gonna love it out there!

mac0492

8 pointer
Oct 15, 2013
Can’t believe no one has mentioned Imodium yet. I never take an important trip without a new batch. Things happen, especially when eating other peoples cooking. Don’t want to spend the whole trip on the pot

beauhunter41031

12 pointer
Jan 1, 2018
Cynthiana, Ky
A set of basic tools. Some Allen heads if for some reason you need to tweak your bow from the trip up And anything from minor vehicle repairs to Treestand problems

A set of walkie-talkies not be a bad idea in case cell phone coverage is a problem in that area.

Super glue, Gorilla tape and two bic lighters

Last but not least a couple small honey packets like what do you find at KFC. An old man once told me to keep a couple in my pack

Last edited:

Latest posts