Other animals that have come to predator calls

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by 30-30, Aug 16, 2015.

1. 30-30

30-30 8 pointer

Aug 26, 2011
    after reading the fawn distress thread let's see what other animals have come to the call
    ive called in a possum once and have called in a few coons from time to time

2. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    Cows, mules, jacks, goats, dogs, cats, squirrels.
    Everything that you don't want.

3. coysmoker

coysmoker 6 pointer

Feb 23, 2010
    Boone Co.
    I was coyote hunting and a hound dog came strolling in and walked right up to me. It was a rabbit dog and had a collar with a phone number on it. I called and the owner was so glad to get it back. The dog followed me right out of the woods like he knew I was going to help him get home. Also had a cat come sneaking in once. It came right up to me and was close enough for me to spit on him. It scared the crap out of him.

4. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    Owls, Hawks. Crows, Jays have been pretty much a given when I've set up calling yotes. I've had a couple occasions I've had deer and turkeys come to investigate.... seemed more like a curiosity type of thing.

As said.... a lot of times it's easy to call up all the things you don't want. Which the only time I've called in a bobcat was at a time you couldn't legally harvest one..... just had to sit and watch ... which in itself was a pretty neat experience. But taking a bobcat has been one of those things I'd truly like to do but has eluded me for many years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. 30-30

30-30 8 pointer

Aug 26, 2011
    im not bragging by any means but your right ive called more bobcats outta season, then in, it seems like late aug-mid oct is the best time to call em

6. KYT

KYT 8 pointer

May 3, 2008
    Eastern Ky.
    Bluejays, crows, hawks, turkey gobbler, dogs.

7. Jacobhwrd

Jacobhwrd 6 pointer

Jan 26, 2014
    Richmond, Ky
    Deer once. And on a lot of occasions crow. That's what got me started crow hunting.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

8. deerturkey14

deerturkey14 6 pointer

Oct 29, 2012
    Louisville
    I had to kids come running in one day. They got about 20 yards to me looking around trying to find the sound. They about crapped their pants when I stood up and yelled at them.

9. willy09

willy09 Banned

Oct 15, 2009
    Lolololol that's halarious

10. kymailman98

kymailman98 10 pointer

Dec 20, 2009
    Christian County
    I called in a Mennonite once, and when I told him he was trespassing, he got smart with me. On another occasion, I came upon a group of Mennonite girls that had climbed up on this hill. I hid in a fence row, and cranked the FoxPro up using the Mountain Lion Scream (my Fury call has 130 sounds on it), I have no idea where they went, but they went over the other side of that hill muy pronto. I probably would have to, as it will make the hair on the back of your head stand up.

11. weedwalker

weedwalker 10 pointer

Nov 27, 2006
    London,Ky
    Sand Gap Sniper and I were hunting together one day. One of us was doing fawn distress and the other was doing coyote barks. A man with a shotgun walked up and almost shot at us thinking a coyote was after a fawn.
    And on 2 different occasions with another friend I hunt with in Perry Co I've had a bear come within 50 yards of the calls.

12. buck shot

buck shot 6 pointer

Nov 17, 2008
    letcher co KY
    I called in a skunk one time while using rabbit distress it came running to the call just like a coyote my brother shot it at 10yds with a 12ga with 4buck it just happened to be skunk season lol it was a big green smoke cloud come off of it after he shot it !! I just knew we where going to get sprayed !! I have only seen 2 skunks up in these parts of the mountains I call in lots of deer turkey dogs and cats and people also

13. 30-30

30-30 8 pointer

Aug 26, 2011
    I read an article in predator x treme where they went to Alaska or somewhere to hunt bear with a call, they said they'll come right to it

14. ClayDog

ClayDog 8 pointer

Jun 29, 2005
    MAysville Ky
    I also called in a young boy one time.. I was hunting a fence row over looking a malnourished bean field in middle of September.. Needless to say I looked up there was a kid waking towards my call full drawn.. I let him ease by before I said anything.. As I finally got his attention and we talked, I found out he was only 12 and had gotten some property lines mixed up.. He didn't have an adult with him.. I honestly thought I was getting shot that day!