Oscars

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Wildcat, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    I made this on another site when we were talking about them and thought I'd post it on here.

As usual I did NOT watch it. But for those of you who did I'm sure they showed the entire room full of celebrities several times to get an idea of the whole room.

When you remember the view you saw of all those celebrities out there in that room remember this, their total net worth of OVER $1 TRILLION and they pay LESS in taxes than the average American Millionaire every year. You have to understand what they do and how they are set up. First off being Hollywood their "names" are copyrighted, that right there makes them a whole different ball game in business.

Lets just use one name just for an example and it can be ANYBODY in Hollywood living or dead. Let's for am example use Steve McQueen. Once his name was copyrighted "Steve McQueen" became the BUSINESS, no different than say McDonalds being a business. The business is NOT making movies but the "Steve McQueen BUSINESS" making those movies. Everything "Steve McQueen" did was either a business expenses or a business tax write off. He gives a "free" interview, tax write off. He drives in a race, total business expenses, part for the race business and again for "Steve McQueen" business. "Steve McQueen" needs new underwear, jeans, shoes, sunglasses, Rolex watches, new cars, new homes, etc. Every single bit of all that is "business expenses" for the business of "Steve McQueen". People work for the "business of Steve McQueen". His manager is a "business manager", driver, maids, bodyguards, etc all work for the "business of Steve McQueen".

Some people ever still work for the "business of Steve McQueen" AFTER the person, Steve McQueen dies. The "copyrighted" STILL makes money after he dies, when ever a movie he's in is shown on TV, the business makes money, a DVD sells, the business of Steve McQueen still makes money. ALL of this uses business tax laws. Now remember it takes several weeks and months to make one movie. The big stars do call "time on set" a loss so they can write it off, call it $500,000 a day or ever $1 million a day and then the amount they make for the movie and "time on set" can become a wash as far as taxes.

For personal money, the "business of Steve McQueen" pays the real Steve McQueen what ever he wants which usually under $50,000 a year (fun money) of which comes under "PERSONAL INCOME" and comes under income tax laws, the same ones YOU AND I have to use. But remember EVERYTHING "the business of Steve McQueen" buys, clothes, cars, houses, ice cream, vacation in Disney World, is a business expense. But "fun money" is used for fun, maybe gambling at Las Vegas, etc.

So the next time you hear a Hollywood celebrity telling you anything, it's really a "business" telling you something.

gds and EC like this.
  2. JR PORTER

JR PORTER 10 pointer

May 1, 2014
    KNOTT CO. KY
    Didn’t know that! Thanks for the info.

3. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    And in California movie stars can also draw unemployment when they are “out of work”. I posted about this several years back.

4. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.

Yes they can.

And those "stars" are telling us "suckers" how we should live and pay more taxes.

5. gds

gds 8 pointer

Jan 2, 2005
    NORTHERN KY.