Ordering a new FoxPro. IWhich sounds are your favorites?

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by predator1, Oct 28, 2015.

1. predator1

predator1 12 pointer

Dec 25, 2008
    Glasgow,Ky
    I'm going to upgrade from my Spitfire to the new Inferno. I'm having a hard time choosing which new sounds I want. Which sounds have y'all had the most luck with?

Thanks, Predator1

2. Gooch

Gooch 8 pointer

Feb 24, 2004
    .lincoln co ky
    lighting jack

3. cityslicker

cityslicker 8 pointer

Jan 11, 2010
    Hart county
    Assuming that you are targeting coyotes, I like coyote vocals. Lone howls, female whimpers and various pup distress.

4. mulehead

mulehead 10 pointer

Jan 1, 2009
    in the hills
    What's wrong with your spitfire

5. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    Jack rabbit, lil jack, female
    invite, coyote pair, young pup howl.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C HD using Tapatalk

6. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    I wrestled with what sounds to put on when I ordered my Spitfire several years ago... my first FoxPro caller. Which the ones below are what I decided on .... and honestly would put them on a new one today.

They have worked well in a lot of different situations. ... but I don't think you can go wrong being rabbit distress or coyote vocal heavy with your choices. Their pretty much my go to calls hands down.

Coyote locator, female challenge, challenge howl, coyote pup distress,ki-yi .

Cottontail distress, rabbit duet, baby cottontail , baby cottontail frenzy, DSG cottontail, Cal's cottontail , lightning Jack & adult cottontail.

Crazy critter , rodent distress, squirrel distress, fawn distress , lucky bird, young blue jay distress, turkey distress, bobcat in heat & aggressive bobcat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. predator1

predator1 12 pointer

Dec 25, 2008
    Glasgow,Ky
    Nothing. The new Inferno holds 50 more sounds and has a far better range on the remote and is more user friendly.

8. Jacobhwrd

Jacobhwrd 6 pointer

Jan 26, 2014
    Richmond, Ky
    Raspy woodpecker and ranting red bird are a must to me.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

9. kyfuzzyface

kyfuzzyface 8 pointer

Nov 2, 2007
    Central Ky
    I like all of the above but would add lucky bird and screaming fox

10. 30-30

30-30 8 pointer

Aug 26, 2011
    platinum grey fox is good, as well as jack rabbit distress, along with lightning jack

11. F250Stroke

F250Stroke 10 pointer

I've had more luck with screaming gray fox than with anything else. Had good success last year with coyote vocals during mating season. Called in a pair with "lucky bird" too

12. shadow

shadow Fawn

Dec 12, 2003
    Morehead, KY.
    Why not get it with sounds not on your spitfire and load all your sounds to the new one with FoxPro programmer utility? That is just a suggestion to expand your call library.