opinions on ruger mark III

Discussion in 'Modern Firearms' started by styxvalleydan, Oct 27, 2008.

1. styxvalleydan

styxvalleydan Spike

Jun 15, 2008
    considering a ruger markIII after i make my taurus 94 trade to my dad. whats your opinion . i know before i baught my 94 one of you gentlemen recomended them to me. how are they for accuracy. im thinking of one of the stainless hunter mark IIIs.

2. mwezell

mwezell 12 pointer

Jan 22, 2006
    Auburn, KY
    It's one of , if not the, best 22 semi-auto pistols you can buy. --Mike Ezell

3. jeffb

jeffb 8 pointer

Oct 27, 2006
    hancock county
    Have one. It is accurate enough wants to jam sometimes when I use hollow points.

4. mwezell

mwezell 12 pointer

Jan 22, 2006
    Auburn, KY
    That's pretty rare from these little guns. Have ya cleaned it lately?--Mike Ezell

5. I have a MKIII hunter & LOVE it! In the past I also had a few MKII's and a 22/45. All great guns.

RR~

6. Combat Triad

Combat Triad 8 pointer

Sep 16, 2008
    Flatwoods, KY
    I love mine. I put a trigger kit in it and made the trigger a whole lot better. I shoot steel matches with it and it has never jammed or had any malfunctions at all.

7. I have shot several friends mkII's and III's and none of them have ever jammed...they are hungry little guns and will eat any ammo that has been put through them

8. The scout'n man

The scout'n man 8 pointer

Aug 7, 2008
    Pattyville, KY
    My dad has one that is a tack driver! Out shoots alot of rifles I've seen! He put a red dot on his witch makes it even better! We've never had a jam with it and he only shoots hollows!

9. stalkingbear

stalkingbear 6 pointer

Nov 21, 2007
    Marion Co
    My nephew recently bought a mk3 and brought it to me for trigger job and a few other things. While I love my mk2s,I cannot stand the magazine safety featured in the mk3 but is is easily corrected.