Opinions on Danner Boots?

kyhunter35

6 pointer
Dec 10, 2007

timer

12 pointer
Feb 20, 2013
La Grange
Cabela's has Danner boots on sale every so often. I've bought two pair on sale and I believe I got a pretty good price on them.

The specific model I bought was Pronghorn....They've been great boots.

RLWEBB

12 pointer
Nov 30, 2005
Staffordsville, KY
I’ll second the pronghorns. I’ve got a pair that I bought in 2011 for my first elk hunt. Still going strong with no leaks. They are like a pair of tennis shoes. Super comfortable.

kyhunter35

6 pointer
Dec 10, 2007
Pronghorns is my old pair. But, looks like they have changed the styling of the Pronghorns since I bought them several years ago and I was a little hesitate to go back with them because of that.

KYH5N1

10 pointer
Jan 19, 2008
In the nightmares of turkeys
If you buy Danners, get the Gortex, and then I wouldn't guarantee that they will be waterproof. I bought a pair of Danner snake boots before last spring turkey season. They are comfortable as can be. Not Gortex but their other waterproof membrane. My feet were getting wet by the last week of season.

257Wmag

6 pointer
Oct 7, 2015
NC
I have an old pair of pronghorns that are about worn out, they've been great boots. I will say they were about as waterproof as a spaghetti strainer. I wearing Meindls now and really like them, we'll see how well they hold up.

ribsplitter

Cyber-Hunter
Jan 19, 2004
Greenup, ky, USA.
I wouldn't own a pair of their boots unless they are American made . The domestic line is more expensive but well worth it and totally rebuildable. I have two pairs , one work and one hunting that are both 20+ years old . They have been rebuilt several times and still wear like new. Thorogood makes a damn fine boot also in domestic but not to many in the hunting line

I have a pair of Danners that I bought about 12 years ago. They are brown leather uppers with goretex shaft about 8" tall. Insulated. They are the best boots I have ever owned and I had two pairs of the nice Browning lightweight Kangaroos. The Danners are as good and are water proof and much warmer. My only complaints:
1.) The are too warm for early season upland hunting.
2.) They are tough to put on and take off. I have to be careful to not wear super thick socks or my feet get too hot.

Irish

childersb24

8 pointer
Mar 25, 2010
I have an old pair of pronghorns that are about worn out, they've been great boots. I will say they were about as waterproof as a spaghetti strainer. I wearing Meindls now and really like them, we'll see how well they hold up.
My pronghorns leaked to. Can’t walk across a wet field without getting soaked

Bee

10 pointer
Mar 14, 2005
never had pair of danners that didn't leak in first season. Would not endorse them to anyone.I ve tried different models in different decades over 30 years with same poor results.

1wildcatfan

12 pointer
Jan 2, 2009
raised n Bullitt Co.
The adhesive on your Meindls soles will give up after around 10 yrs., you can get them re-soled at Rocky Mtn re-sole.

1wildcatfan

12 pointer
Jan 2, 2009
raised n Bullitt Co.
My wife has the Pronghorns, she loves them. Totally waterproof. The only knock is not having a toe cap on the boots. The rocks in AZ and NM has taken a toll on the leather toes.

Drahts

12 pointer
Apr 7, 2015
KY
I have 2 pair of Danners, one is a 400gr boot, the other uninsulated. Both very comfortable.

timer

12 pointer
Feb 20, 2013
La Grange
I've had one pair of Pronghorns for about 10 years. I've tortured them in barnyard muck and mud and they have never leaked.

Latest posts