opining weekend

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by kentuckyoutdoorsman, Aug 22, 2011.

1. kentuckyoutdoorsman

kentuckyoutdoorsman 8 pointer

Feb 24, 2011
    shepherdsville
  2. philipfleek

philipfleek 12 pointer

Feb 24, 2008
    philville, KY
    I can't wait to see some camp pic's. cooking meat, drinking beer and deer pics.
    I miss my old days of hunting.

3. Jeepin

Jeepin 8 pointer

Aug 14, 2011
    Spencer
    i feel the same. nothing like having a fire, drinking a cold one and gettin up early in the mornin to spend the day in the woods and then start all over again. coulnd't ask for much more.

4. useyourbow

useyourbow 12 pointer

I was going to skip opening morning opting for the afternoon hunt but I have found a spot about 250 yards off of a bean field where the trails are just dirt with old buck rubs galore. Now I am excited. I have gotten pictures of a 20" wide slick 8 pt. that would be a great velvet mount. FIRED UP!!!!!!

5. getting closer lady's and gentlemen!!!

6. Drew07

Drew07 10 pointer

Nov 25, 2008
    Elizabethtown, KY
    Im pretty stoked myself, Hopefully I freaking get my first bow kill this year

7. kentuckyoutdoorsman

Feb 24, 2011
    shepherdsville
  8. KyBucks10

KyBucks10 12 pointer

Dec 5, 2008
    Burgin, Kentucky
    took me four years and well over a grand before my mathews brought down a deer. even then, it wasnt much to write home about. haha. im really hoping to get my buck with my bow this year. i wont even carry in a gun if i got my buck before modern gun. id be after the slick heads with my bow and everything else with a camera!

9. kentuckyoutdoorsman

Feb 24, 2011
    shepherdsville
    yea ive hunted the last two years with a bow but last year was the first time i really bow hunted hard. got my first doe on september 19th. im 15 now

10. kentuckyoutdoorsman

Feb 24, 2011
    shepherdsville
    hopping to kill a big buck this year